Wireless Thermometers for WSM

My Maverick just pooched. I'm going to try the Weber and report back.

Wow, I jumped the gun there. The Weber reviews are pretty bad. Guess I'm back to the Maverick. Maybe I'll try the Weber as a cottage go to.

Last edited:
Well. I'm liking this new ET-733. Way better than the igrill mini! At least i can walk away more then 30' and it doesn't loose signal. Only thing I notice between the igrill mini and new ET-733 is that there is about a 20 degree temp difference at ten grate. How do I know which is more accurate?

Well. I'm liking this new ET-733. Way better than the igrill mini! At least i can walk away more then 30' and it doesn't loose signal. Only thing I notice between the igrill mini and new ET-733 is that there is about a 20 degree temp difference at ten grate. How do I know which is more accurate?

Which one do you have? It seems like there are at least 2 types of ET-733 varying in price. This one is $72.00 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00FOCR4UI/tvwb-20

Amazon has another one (different color) with the same model number for $69.99: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00FM8DJHQ/tvwb-20

The Maverick website (which needs some work) doesn't show either of these models and has nothing listed as ET-733.

Hoping somebody can clear this up for me...such as what, if any, are the differences between the ET-733s. I thought there was even another one similar to the two links posted here, but I can't find it again.

Used the new Weber 6741 Style Dual Probe Wireless Thermometer on two chickens last night and it worked like a charm. No pairing issues and temps were dead on! Also had a nice blue illumination for night cooks.

I agree, Davis! I used mine last night for brisket and had no issues whatsoever. I like being able to program the temps on the unit for custom alerts.

Since I already had all the necessity's out for smoking from the night before,I figured give the 6741 Style Dual Probe Wireless Thermometer a second test. I got again outstanding results. So as long as the probes holds up, Weber did as great job on this redesign.

I used it on a 15 lb Turkey WSM 18.5!

WMTII_Bs3GdgZyiZKnFHHlxyyDfa97sPKvXtq8XvUGk=w164-h207-p-no

My Weber probe showed up yesterday but I didn't get a chance to even open the box last night. As soon as I can I'll set it up and do a side-by-side comparison.

732 owner here, happy with it thus far other than clip to stand up receiver broke after a year - kind of flimsy. Did mod to get around that though - works great.

When the 732 craps out - will definitely look at the Weber and any other offering on the market at that time.

I think i will try the Weber one as well. I was not a fan of how my Mav has stood up. My antenna is falling off and when i called Mav up they said it would cost 20 bucks for a replacement..... This was i believe after only 3 months. I don't need to get things for free, but 20 bucks on a 50 dollar item.....

Just pulled the trigger on the 6741 Weber thermometer.Went to my local Ace Hardware where I purchased my 18.5 and also asked them to order me the silicone grommet 85037 so I will make that modification as well.Figured the customer support from Weber was worth giving it a try since many are not too fond of Maverick's support or lack thereof. Anyone know what size hole is required for the grommet? Plan on using a step bit to get to size.Will report back any useful information.

Thanks Chris,looks like I can get a step bit that goes up to 1-3/8" so that should work.Looking forward to stepping up my game with thermometer and mods !!

well, I saw the Weber thermo the other day at Home Depot but passed on it due to the lack of reviews out there and went with the copper mav 732. Just got it today but might return it for the Weber since i have to wait to get my grinder back to notch out my WSM. I'm excited to hear what others have to say about the weber.

I recently purchased have the Maverick 733 to go with the new WSM 22.5 I received at Christmas. So far I have been fairly pleased with the ease of use, accuracy, and range. It does feel a little cheaply built and I wish it had an IPhone compatible app. All in all a solid addition.

Got my 6741 Weber thermometer and it seems like a nice unit.Put new name brand batteries in it and tried it out,both probes worked and did not need pairing. Now just waiting for my local Ace store to get me the grommet since Weber would not sell me one,they said drilling a hole will void warranty.So much for telling the truth?! Plan on doing a brisket this weekend,hopefully I can post some action photos.

Back