Wireless Sound System for TV

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So, I currently have this 5.1 fully wired sound system hooked up to my TV set. I would REALLY like to dump it. The amp system is incredibly large, heavy and produces lots of heat.
I want to get a system that is wireless. Maybe just a decent soundbar, with wireless woofer hookup and satellite rear channels wireless as well. DOn't want to spend a lot either. I'm pretty happy if it's basically loud, shakes the foor and makes things sound like they're around me.
I saw this kind of thing on Best Buy and I think it's approximately what I might be able to use. BTW I have a Samsung 8000 series UHD TV with bluetooth and such

So re, the rear speakers, and sub, then they only require a power connection? I have been seeing tons of systems that claim "wireless" but they're only referring to the sub

So, I currently have this 5.1 fully wired sound system hooked up to my TV set. I would REALLY like to dump it. The amp system is incredibly large, heavy and produces lots of heat.
I want to get a system that is wireless. Maybe just a decent soundbar, with wireless woofer hookup and satellite rear channels wireless as well. DOn't want to spend a lot either. I'm pretty happy if it's basically loud, shakes the foor and makes things sound like they're around me.
I saw this kind of thing on Best Buy and I think it's approximately what I might be able to use. BTW I have a Samsung 8000 series UHD TV with bluetooth and such
If you have a good receiver and quality speakers I don't think any of these systems will outperform your current setup.

I have the Samsung 650 soundbar system that is several years old. Sometimes I have problems hearing the speaking part of the sound, its like the music overwhelms the voice. Anyone else experience this?

I have the Samsung 650 soundbar system that is several years old. Sometimes I have problems hearing the speaking part of the sound, its like the music overwhelms the voice. Anyone else experience this?
I watch with CC. Drives my lady nuts. She bought me headphones. It helps.

I have this Visio. The sound bar is hooked to the TV and the sub is wireless to the back wall with the 2 rears wired to the sub. Very convenient and sounds great. Also supports Bluetooth and HDMI ARC so it turns on/off with TV and TV remote works with it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CGVTVMN/?tag=tvwb-20
So the rear satelite speakers connect to the Sub? I guess I can live with minor wiring like that. But I am trying to lose all the wires and that huge tank of a system under my set. Everything in that cabinet gets quite hot

So the rear satelite speakers connect to the Sub? I guess I can live with minor wiring like that. But I am trying to lose all the wires and that huge tank of a system under my set. Everything in that cabinet gets quite hot
Yes - Very easy to get real 5.1 sound in the correct places. The sub has an amp that powers it and the rear speakers. The sound is plenty good for a fairly large open living room. In my basement I have a 120" screen, projector, Yamaha amp, and NHT 5.1 speaker system. My 7 year old 55" Visio 4K TV just crapped out and I just ordered a T-Con board from China for $14 on the off chance of it fixing it.

In my basement I have a 120" screen, projector, Yamaha amp
Nice to see someone else with a projector and I also have a Yamaha Receiver 7.1 which is a waste since I only stream now but it has a 7 channel enhanced setting which work really well. My screen is 110" running an Epson 5040 4K died and gone to heaven watching football or whatever.

Nice to see someone else with a projector and I also have a Yamaha Receiver 7.1 which is a waste since I only stream now but it has a 7 channel enhanced setting which work really well. My screen is 110" running an Epson 5040 4K died and gone to heaven watching football or whatever.
I have had projectors since the mid 90's starting with a Sony 640 x480 that was almost 4K but in $$;-). Still have the Same NHT speakers though. Projector is a Wemax One Pro 1080P Ultra Short Throw (UST) Projector that is about 6 years old. Someday when we settle down I will upgrade to 4K but the Wemax has been really good.

I have this Visio. The sound bar is hooked to the TV and the sub is wireless to the back wall with the 2 rears wired to the sub. Very convenient and sounds great. Also supports Bluetooth and HDMI ARC so it turns on/off with TV and TV remote works with it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CGVTVMN/?tag=tvwb-20
I have a slightly older Vizio 2.1 soundbar. Bought it for the place we lived in 3 years ago...typical TV over the fireplace setup. Now I use it without the subwoofer or rear surrounds but the sound is excellent...it's in our family room so again, over the fireplace.
I have a full 5.1 setup in our basement with a 75" TCL Roku TV. The Roku remote controls everything except the Blu-ray player. It even controls the volume and power of my Pioneer KSX-1020K receiver I think it's because I'm using the ARC designated HDMI output. So you might be able tonuse a different brand soundbar and control it with your Samsung remote.
Voice controlled remotes are great but some searches are dicey with streaming services like Fubo. The Roku seems to prioritize the Roku channel. Overall, it's a good problem to have!

Back