Winners: 2020 TVWB Christmas Prize Drawing

Congrats all!

But I have to confess, I'm pretty sure I was the winner of the SmokeFire. Is there a process for a recount? :ROFLMAO:

I was so afraid I would win. Reason is I knew I would have to transform, or metamorphose into a case or kemper. The pressure to showcase the SmokeFire would be too much. A new thermometer would be easier and helpful.
Oh, no pressure CTrent

As do a large number of members. There was no minimum posting requirements or anything so congrats. I do hope you will post back and let us know how you like it. Maybe some photos. Lots of people on here have a big interest in the Smokefire.

Well, I won nothing this year, save mind expanding knowledge from this site as related new “E-Friends” from here as well. All in all, it was a blessed albeit flawed year.
Blessings to all!

Thanks! Already joined! So much valuable information. I’m a little scared to start, but also excited. Checked it out and went to two different Lowe’s to get 50% off pellets and a cover for $15
Thanks for sharing your posts; I understand that some enjoy reading rather than sharing but we'd be excited to read about your experiences if you feel inclined.

OK, got it assembled and did the seasoning. It was too dark for pictures. But... what should I do for my first cook? You guys got it for me, you should be part of the fun!

But... what should I do for my first cook?
If I had a SmokeFire I'd be curious about the smoke flavor compared with other units, so I'd go for something that required at least a few hours. I don't know that I'd have the patience for a pork shoulder or brisket for a taste test, so I might go for something like ribs. I'd be a little too nervous about a 500-600f short cook on my first use, lol. But we all have different mindsets, so follow your heart and share your experience with us!

Back