Wings - need advice.

After reading these posts, I’m pretty sure my first cook will just be with the gasser. I have an east west Genesis so I can set the back burner on high and maybe the middle one on low to get over 400 degrees and then indirect them for 40 minutes or so. That will give me a chance to test a rub as well is learn a bit about how they cook. Then, I’ll probably get the Jumbo Joe out and use charcoal. I have the two side charcoal baskets for that and can do an indirect that way.

Cmon, I wanna see everyone argue about which charcoal cooks the wings the best next!!!!
We'll let me see. There is that one flat top or pellet guy ( sorry I lose track ) who Instant pots his wings for a few minutes and finishes on the pellet grill.
It must be nice to have all these options.

I don't think the chicken cares about the charcoal. Not like they are ribs or brisket or pulled pork they really aren't on the grill that long. But yes I am waiting for the best charcoal for wings. :) :) :)
Not sure about the “best”, but I’ll be using Rockwood hardwood lump because that’s what I have. (y)

Back