Will some people NEVER understand?!

Watched someone, at their house, dump what seemed to be close to 3/4 of a bottle of starter fluid on the coals. I asked why they didn't use a chimney, and according to them, "chimney's don't work". More than that, they almost immediately put on the food. Everything tasted like lighter fluid. Oh, they also don't ever clean or brush their grates because it "takes away the flavor". :rolleyes::(

Just witnessed something which just made me shake my head…
This guy filled his chimney and proceeded to dump half a cup of lighter fluid on top!
God, keep my mouth shut!
I just don’t understand how people just don’t read the basics of how to do it.

I suppose that’s how daddy did it.
Maybe he thinks that newspapers are too hard to find these days. .......

This guy filled his chimney and proceeded to dump half a cup of lighter fluid on top!
God, keep my mouth shut!

as they say,
stupid is forever.
ignorance can be fixed.

and you can only hope he doesn't later think the coals aren't going well enough to suit him and thus has to pour MORE lighter fluid on it.

The guy has gotten food in after about fifteen minutes of benzine fumes, in the last twenty he’s opened the smoker up at least three times!
I think life must be really tough for him!
Good grief,he just opened up again!
John Wayne would just shake his head and pour another tequila, I’ll have a vodka and be happy I’m cooking for the two of us!
Oh my God, he must be hot fast cooking a burger or some such a product, I think he just took it in to eat!???
That‘s scaring me!

The guy has gotten food in after about fifteen minutes of benzine fumes, in the last twenty he’s opened the smoker up at least three times!
John Wayne would just shake his head and pour another tequila, I’ll have a vodka and be happy I’m cooking for the two of us!
Oh my God, he must be hot fast cooking a burger or some such a product, I think he just took it in to eat!???
That‘s scaring me!
sounds like he's an unwitting contestant in the Darwin awards......

I have no idea why anyone uses lighter fluid. Just from a money standpoint a chimney is what $20 and I have had mine for 10+ years. I also get my free local newspaper delivered weekly that I use to light the chimney.

That‘s scaring me!
I've seen the "fluid on the chimney" approach before and yes, it's a head-scratcher.

And when we tailgate at Brewers games it's not uncommon to see someone start the coals with a ton of fluid and then start cooking after only a few minutes.

God, keep my mouth shut!

Stupid is as stupid does. Forest Gump is a genius compared to this guy :)

Back in the 1960,s we didn't have chimney starters. I was at work about 5.30 on Saturday . I called my sister and told her to start the charcoal fire as I would be home to cook the steaks by 6. Fifteen minutes later I get this crazy call that the house maybe on fire!!. She had thrown gasoline from a bottle my dad had used on the lawn mower. I hear the fire sirens going on. I jumped in the truck and raced three blocks to the house. The neighbors had raced over and fire trucks were on the scene. No damage or anyone hurt but the almost explosion and 15 foot flames sure scared everybody. We laugh about it today.

I've seen the "fluid on the chimney" approach before and yes, it's a head-scratcher.

And when we tailgate at Brewers games it's not uncommon to see someone start the coals with a ton of fluid and then start cooking after only a few minutes.
But I bet it worked......... The lighter fluid on the chimney that is.
You better let those coals ash over if you use lighter fluid.

Well, I’ve given him cards for the site but, I fear that’s a lost cause. But, here’s how tonight played out,
1BEAE03F-44EE-4A94-996A-89DC28D76EB5.jpeg
very tasty to be sure but, I think I went a little hotter than I should have. It will make great “Tx. Twinkies”! Or chili, not going to waste.
I think the baby spuds with rosemary butter were pretty good
DDD34E95-6413-4515-9AD6-24622343F3A5.jpeg
Got that all cleaned up and decided I’d make up some baked French toast for tomorrow.
I used a local bakery’s anise bread, maple syrup, bourbon, vanilla extract and lined the pan with butter and turbinado sugar. I hope it’s half as good as I think!

Back