Will an Afterburner Mini-V work in a WSM 14.5"?

Jason_P

TVWBB Member
Hi All,

I plan to use my new WSM 14.5" on camp trips from time to time. The problem I face is that at certain times of the year, California puts fire restrictions in place in certain areas where you can only use gas cookers. My question is will one of the Afterburner Mini-V propane conversions work in a WSM 14.5"?

Thanks,
Jason

I recommend giving Ed a call 1-205-792-3626 (Alabama Metal Products Co. Inc.). He's been outfitting smokers with gas conversions for over nineteen years. They answer the phone from 8:00am to 9:00pm, any day.

Last edited:
Spoke with Ed this afternoon. He wasn't aware there was a 14.5" WSM available, so he'll need to check out the specs on the grill and possibly look at one in person before he can answer. He's out of town at the moment, but will be back on Thursday and plans to look into in more detail then. I'll let you all know what he comes back with.

Jason

Last edited:
If this works it will help many members that live in apartments and can't have big smokers.

Hi All,

I plan to use my new WSM 14.5" on camp trips from time to time. The problem I face is that at certain times of the year, California puts fire restrictions in place in certain areas where you can only use gas cookers. My question is will one of the Afterburner Mini-V propane conversions work in a WSM 14.5"?

Thanks,
Jason

Same thing in Arizona almost all the campgrounds now restrict outdoor cooking to gas only. I'm sure a lot of other places are the same too.

Back