Wild Fork Online Meats

BFletcher

TVWBB Platinum Member
Do any of you have personal experience with this online meat seller? https://wildforkfoods.com/

I read their Our Story page but I'm curious about your experiences.

Edit: I saw a recent post from Michael in the Photo Gallery but thought I'd ask here to see if others have experience.

1629642086890.png

I just received my first order and I am very pleased. I bought some bone in Boston butts and they came in at $2.50 a pound. They’re really good looking and my local store charges $2.49 plus tax.
I bought the Wild Fork Unlimited membership for $49 and get free shipping for a year on orders of $50 or more. That includes overnight and Saturday delivery.

Guess I'll never know, here's what they say about my zip code:
"You are outside of the areas we serve. Feel free to browse the site (but you will be unable to purchase products)"

It already knew my zip, so I didn't investigate further.
Tried again, said the same, no delivery to my zip, so I put in a different local zip and it said delivery available. Then put in mine, now it says they deliver. No clue what was the problem,
Free shipping on first order is worth checking out their products.

It already knew my zip, so I didn't investigate further.
Tried again, said the same, no delivery to my zip, so I put in a different local zip and it said delivery available. Then put in mine, now it says they deliver. No clue what was the problem,
Free shipping on first order is worth checking out their products.
🎉 WooHoo 🥳
They deliver here!
7D0B9596-0F21-4D2F-9501-BF799D870D8D.jpeg

However… something is funky here… I order 1 of each and that shows in my basket, but when I check out, my order doubles…
0BA7B53F-6D0C-4FC7-8F76-BD8D22E8CAB0.jpeg

Tried one of their Cowboy-cut, choice-grade ribeyes, but not too impressed. It was "OK", but not quite as good as a couple local sources for roughly the same $$. Service was fine, as they delivered on time and it was well sealed and still frozen. Also picked up a couple packs of beef plate short ribs (i.e., "Dino Ribs") for smoking 'cause they are very competitively priced and hard to come by, but have yet to cook 'em, so can't comment on those yet.

As for brisket, Costco Prime grade is $3.49/lb. around here, so don't see any reason to pay more for frozen lower grade. We don't have any local Sam's Clubs, but understand they have a similar deal.

Also noticed the Wild Fork website pop-up continues to offer free shipping for the first order even though I've already registered and ordered. Hoping to maybe leverage that rather than pay the membership fee for the next order.

C2A37BED-E426-4B05-8E05-A5656AB2B945.jpeg9312473B-D49F-4B9C-AC9C-369EA6516AE6.jpegJust noticed a new Wild Fork going in next to my favorite steakhouse in Newport Beach CA. I’ll check it out and report back when they open.

Back