Who's Smokin' this weekend?

Ken_K

TVWBB Super Fan
It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend in Ohio so I can't let it pass without spending some time with my WSM. I plan to do spares, and chicken breasts, with mac & cheese, and BBQ baked beans on the side, haven't decided on dessert yet.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Well, I just got a new 22" kettle for My B-day on Monday, and was planning on breaking it in this weekend, I was thinking chicken thigh and wings and maybe some Ribeyes, or short ribs on the WSM.

What a great b-day present! I love chicken peices on the kettle, especially using the Roadside Chicken recipe.

I'll be smokin' 5# of wings on the WSM this evening. We'll be sitting in the driveway with the fire pit, munching wings, drinking beer and watching the kids pass by. Heck, we might even throw them some candy.

Raining here now, but a little rain never stopped me from firing up the 'que...
icon_wink.gif

Just gotta find your window, 'que it up and get it done, to enjoy it inside...
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Bill Berg:
I'll be smokin' 5# of wings on the WSM this evening. We'll be sitting in the driveway with the fire pit, munching wings, drinking beer and watching the kids pass by. Heck, we might even throw them some candy.

Now that sounds like just about the perfect evening.
icon_wink.gif

Ah yes, my bride and I are headed to Larry R's house for some prime rib and to hopefully watch the Utah Utes, and the NM Lobos play football. He's (Larry R.) a huge Ute fan and I am a huge Lobo fan, so it should be fun and hopefully we will remember everything the next day, as his SO is celebrating her birthday.

On Saturday I'll be smoking beef ribs, a ham, two fatty's, salmon and some pig candy. I'll take pictures her yall. Everyone have a safe and happy Halloween.

Just foiled a chuck....sliced onion, jalapeno, thyme, tomatoes and a bit of chicken broth...got some pico and guac already made, fresh tortillas from Mexican Village, beans simmering, just have to make the spanish rice and we are all set for a feast. I made this a couple of weeks ago, perhaps the best tacos I have ever had....

Originally posted by Ed Cardoza:
Ah yes, my bride and I are headed to Larry R's house for some prime rib and to hopefully watch the Utah Utes, and the NM Lobos play football. He's (Larry R.) a huge Ute fan and I am a huge Lobo fan, so it should be fun and hopefully we will remember everything the next day, as his SO is celebrating her birthday.
Sounds good, hope he splurges for one of those Wagyus...
icon_wink.gif

You folks eat good up there in cattle country!
icon_smile.gif

Feel the need to do pork butt.. Just ate the last bag I had in the freezer!!
icon_frown.gif
Do a butt on Saturday and ribs Sunday
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hope everyone had a safe Hallowen
icon_smile.gif

Mike

I put on a pork butt and chuck roast at 7 this evening so I will be enjoying them tomorrow afternoon. Just turned out the porch light and had no trick or treaters this year. Usually get about a dozen kids but this year not even 1.

what perfect weather for smoking as here in Augusta.Ga. temps Sat should be high of 73 then low of 47 into the night. I have to make some pulled pork for a Sunday dinner party- my grandmother's 90th birthday celebration. I sure hope Mr. Webber does a fine job or me! I'll need to feed enough pulled pork for only a small crowd- thinking about 8 but always want a little extra. My wife is making a green bean casserole and sister in law doing mac/cheese,salad,desert so should be a feastola! Please wish me luck on fixing the pork.

Back