Whole Top Sirloin Cap (Picanha)

DennisJeter

First time buying this cut of beef. Torn between smoking like a brisket and smoking to medium rare. Any and all input will be appreciated.

My Son's bought me that for Xmas for the Akorn Auto Kamado.
I have to do some hacking to make it work, but I'm good with that.

i wish there was/is an oem fitment for such an attachment. one side of me says buy the 22" one and cut it and extend the ring to the needed 24" using rivets to secure the expander section. or just buy the spit and motor and fab a simple support system.

i wish there was/is an oem fitment for such an attachment. one side of me says buy the 22" one and cut it and extend the ring to the needed 24" using rivets to secure the expander section. or just buy the spit and motor and fab a simple support system.
Waiting for Weber to produce an attachment that will fit the WSCG is like betting on the come. When in doubt, "MacGyver" it, life's to short!

I’ll bet it’s available in Germany! I have it on good authority that SS GBS units for the 18” are! Why not here!!?? I’d be in that like sauce on ribs!

Even after I bought my WSK, I kept the kettle specifically for the rotisserie attachment. Got to try this with picanha.

Back