Who is your favorite TV chef to watch?

Oh well, not that any of you will care, (lol) but I messed up. After so many years of putting the cooking shows on their own tape, I started taping them all on the same tape. That is how Justin got first place. I wound up with 24 misc. tapes. So far I still don't know what was the first cooking show that I taped. :rolleyes:

No love for Martin Young "Yan Can Cook?" We really enjoyed his show, along with Justin Wilson and Julia Child. I really like Raichlen & early Emeril shows. Now there's cooking show overload....some are quite good....some not so much. The restaurant chef's who cook on Recipe TV are interesting to watch.

I don't know if any of you youngsters will remember him, but, back in 1993, Roy Yamagachi had a cooking show called "Hawaii Cooks". I only taped 14 of his shows. I'm going to have to check it out, some really good sounding stuff there.

Your right the Galloping Gourmet had some interesting cooks for sure. Some of the real old shows were the best.
Barb
Sorry to say, I don't have a tape devoted just of his show, but I do have his book!! So far, on my MISC. tapes, he is #78.

Tim, I adore him. Sad to say I don't have any of his shows on tape, but, I did find him on an old Regis & Kathy Lee Show back in the 90's. Then, his show was called "The Naked Chef". He made Pork Chops with Thyme, Lemon and Pesto.
Yeah, I loved that show. His books, too.

Nathalie Dupree (born December 23, 1939, in New Jersey) is an author, chef, and cooking show host whose work has focused on American Southern cuisine. She was the first woman since Julia Child to host more than one hundred cooking episodes on public television. Her first show, New Southern Cooking with Nathalie Dupree was followed by eight more series.[1][2]

Dupree is the author of 14 cookbooks, selling nearly a million copies, and the host of more than 300 national and international cooking shows, which have aired since 1986 on PBS, The Food Network, and The Learning Channel. She has appeared many times on the Today show and Good Morning America. She has won wide recognition for her work, including four James Beard Awards including "Who's who in American Cuisine", Grande Dame of Les Dames d' Escoffier and numerous other awards. She is best known for starting the New Southern Cooking movement now found in many restaurants throughout the United States. She has been chef in three restaurants, in Majorca, Spain; Georgia; and Virginia. For 10 years she directed the Rich's Cooking School in Atlanta, with more than 10,000 students. Many of them have gone on to careers in restaurants, cooking publishing, and food -Wikapedia

I have 4 tapes of her shows .

Back