Who is your favorite TV chef to watch?

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
My question, but a hard one to answer. :giggle: I think it's a tie between Steven Raichlen and Jacques Pepin. Do you have any favorites?

And of course JULIA CHILD 🥰
Well, if you're gonna go down that road, Graham Kerr, aka The Galloping Gourmet. Or Geoff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet.

Modern.....For some reason, we've really been enjoying Beat Bobby Flay. Flay knows food and timing, and it's pretty much a straight up competition without any attempts to cause problems for the chefs. Watched Emeril Lagasse for quite a few years with his live show. I've also enjoyed Mario Batali.

Steven Raichlen, Alton Brown, and the folks over at America's Test Kitchen are my top 3, but I'm sure I could name a few more. I'd also like to give a mention to Rob Rainford who hosted License to Grill up in Canada which is a pretty great show too!

The Mayberry Chef

1704030971249.png

I rarely watch TV cooking shows; the only one I watch occasionally is Steven Raichlen (which are now reruns for me). I also enjoyed watching Aaron Franklin when they aired in my area. I guess mostly I watched them when I was learning to smoke.

Not TV but YouTube Sammy the cooking guy https://www.youtube.com/@samthecookingguy he is very interesting , colorful, and entertaining to watch (caution there could be some swearing) and puts a new twist on food recipes he has a big audience with almost 4 million YouTube subscirbers and owns 4 restauranats in the Little Italy area of downtown San Diego, he has to be doing something right.

Last edited:
Hi Barb, know what you mean. We are at their mercy!!! 🥰

I round up the recipes and let him pick which ones he wants to cook.
Hi Joan, right on. Rich finds the recipes most of the time, and then we pick them out together. We do a week out, then we make our list for the store. Of course we always make changes. :D

Hi Joan, right on. Rich finds the recipes most of the time, and then we pick them out together. We do a week out, then we make our list for the store. Of course we always make changes. :D
Like I've said before, your way of doing things is just like us. 🥰

I always enjoyed a Cajun chef years ago. Think his name was Justin Wilson. Not positive about last name of Wilson.
Hi John, yep, you got it right. I finally found my binder of "Cooking Videos" Back in Jan. 1991, Justin Wilson was the first cooking show that I taped.
He made Duck with Pears and Wine. He also made JAMBALAYA!!!!!!

Back