Where did everybody go?

I still check in frequently, but I figure I can only post so many burger and chicken cooks before people tire of me and ask me to stop it. :cool:

But I did cook some pretty tasty chicken fajitas last night. Sadly, time was short and I didn't take any pics.

I still check in and admire all the good looking food. Life is busy with work and two young kids. I also felt like I was running out of vocabulary for complementing peoples cooks. I can only say "good looking _____" so many times? I'd like to post again and be more active.:)

I still check in frequently, but I figure I can only post so many burger and chicken cooks before people tire of me and ask me to stop it. :cool:

But I did cook some pretty tasty chicken fajitas last night. Sadly, time was short and I didn't take any pics.

Hardly!

Life gets in my way - I worked 17 hours yesterday, 15 the day before. Last weekend (last Thurs-Sun) I stripped my roof off......... (the roofer just finished the new one today).

Work: many changes, many improvements. What I'm doing right now is trying to get a great big bicycle (my biz of 19 years) to stop wobbling & get coasting/running smooth. I'm pedaling pretty hard & looking up/ahead every chance I get.

I lost a lot of my motivation last year when I hurt myself in the park skiing - I still feel like a shadow of my former self most of the time....just trying to adapt & improve.

I see the cooks people here are posting & I feel pretty lazy in comparison!

I pop in most days, sometimes a few times. Sometimes I'm looking for a recipe that I or others have posted/linked here, and other times I just click in to get to the Amazon link.

I love this forum and the people that frequent it based on how laid back everyone seems to be.

I can't say the same thing about the folks on the "Fans of the Weber Smokey Mountain" and "Weber Kettle Fans" Facebook pages. Seems like the biggest trolls/angry, insecure individuals come out the harshest on there, which surprises me. You'd think it would be the opposite with a tiny bit of anonymity here compared to Facebook.

I dip in and out of here. I'm still pretty new to both smoking and grilling. I was lucky to start off on a cheap offset smoker to get used to it, experienced the aggravations (though I love and miss it greatly), bought a WSM and super appreciative of its set-and-forget ways.

Sadly most of the Legends from the old forum don't post anymore, and I miss that.
YOU and those posting in this thread are the new Legends of this forum!

I'm one of the few that's been here since the beginning in 2000 and so many people have come and gone over the years. Interests change, hobbies change, diets change, people get busy, people move on, people die. It's all part of the natural ebb and flow of a discussion forum like this.

One of the things that really excited me during 2017 is the surge in discussion about Weber gas grill restoration. That's a subject near and dear to my heart given my 1992 Weber Genesis 2 redhead and 2002 Summit 450. This year I learned how to take apart the gas valves to clean and lubricate them. Even I'm learning new things on the forum! :D

YOU and those posting in this thread are the new Legends of this forum!

I'm one of the few that's been here since the beginning in 2000 and so many people have come and gone over the years. Interests change, hobbies change, diets change, people get busy, people move on, people die. It's all part of the natural ebb and flow of a discussion forum like this.

One of the things that really excited me during 2017 is the surge in discussion about Weber gas grill restoration. That's a subject near and dear to my heart given my 1992 Weber Genesis 2 redhead and 2002 Summit 450. This year I learned how to take apart the gas valves to clean and lubricate them. Even I'm learning new things on the forum! :D

That is the ultimate example, Chris. But it is so representative of what this place is to and does for folks. A) it is friendly. no trolls here. b) so much to learn, and so much continuing to be posted. The old stuff is gold and there continues to be new stuff.

I noticed the uptick in the gas grill discussions and its one of the things that got me to finally jump on a used Genesis earlier this year. It is now what I cook on 75% of the time. I love that Performer of mine, but there are nights where its just too easy to fire up the Genny and be grilling 10 minutes later.

Hello all,
Just got back from a week of hunting elk and saw my name posted here and thought I would reply. Don't post much anymore but visit the site daily.
Still buy the t-shirts and give what support that I can that way.
I see Bob Correll is doing well which is great as are the Dahl's. I hope that Bill Schultz is doing well. Learned much from that man.
I'm sure Lampe is having fun following his Packers as I am following my Donkeys LOL. Go Vikings & win that Super Bowl in your home stadium.
I still grill & smoke everynight on my deck behind the wind block. Most of the time I use my smaller Hasty Bake Grill or the Good One smoker.
So I don't post that because Weber Heads don't want to see that, Understandably. That Being said I'm spinning a rib roast on the Weber for Thanksgiving.
I still use my Webers off & on. As far as cold weather grilling I love it. Because a few feet away from my smoker is my friend "woody" My 1978 USA built wood stove. He warms me right back up.
So to everyone from the site that I have learned so much from Happy Thanksgiving!
Old grill goat and his much better half

Good hearing from you Russ. Miss seeing you around! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family too!

Last edited:
Great to hear you're doing well Russ. You know maybe it's just me, but I would love to see some of your cooks. I don't give a rats putties if you aren't cooking on a Weber, it's the food that counts.
Here's wishing you and the misses a happy Thanksgiving from me and Barb.

Great to hear you're doing well Russ. You know maybe it's just me, but I would love to see some of your cooks. I don't give a rats putties if you aren't cooking on a Weber, it's the food that counts.
Here's wishing you and the misses a happy Thanksgiving from me and Barb.

Especially if you're cooking over coals.... t here's something to learn. I'm not so excited to post a pan seared burger but I've been awfully tempted to. Many here are probably interested in seeing how the other stuff compares....always liked the look of the hasty bake myself

A Big Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and glad to see some post from the older forum friends. Have a great day and eat lots, it's all so good for us:).

Barb, Rich and Whitney

I too have been away for a while. After hurricane Matthew flooded us, I have finally finished rebuilding the house (and landscaping). Now plan to spend more time cooking and visiting this forum.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Ray

I too have been away for a while. After hurricane Matthew flooded us, I have finally finished rebuilding the house (and landscaping). Now plan to spend more time cooking and visiting this forum.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Ray

Happy to hear you got it straightened out!

Life seems to be flying by faster every day now
Seems like I have been doing more, and traveling more.
But I always enjoy checking in at TVWBB.

Back