When You're Smokin' What are You Drinkin' and Listening to?

What a great question.

Merlot, Pinot Noir, even Chianti. Otherwise it's Hefeweisen (Wheat Beer) or your basic ice cold all American Budweiser. If I'm grilling shrimp or fish, then it's a great Pinot Grigio.

Doobie Brothers, Eagles, Bob Marley, Stevie Ray, Johnny and Edgar Winter, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Buffett, any sort of "island music,"...

I could go on forever. it's why I own hundreds of CD's and need an ipod.

Well, not necessarily while BBQing (and in no particular order) there's EC, SRV, KWS, Doyle Bramhall, Roy Buchanan, Danny Gatton, Jeff Beck, Crack The Sky, John Hiatt, Chris Duarte, Paul Rodgers, Head East, Little River Band, Bryan Lee, Eric Johnson, Jonny Lang, Roy Orbison, Wishbone Ash, Robben Ford, Warren Haynes, Robin Trower, Steve Lukather, Smithereens, Smokin' Joe Kubek, Walter Trout, Poppa Chubby. On the country side: Vince, Dwight, and AKUS. The best bands you probably never heard of: Elf, ARC Angels, Tiny Town, Big Sugar, and The Hoax. And more.

Tyranena - A local beer brewed here in town...or the standard High Life ice cold out of a bottle.

Listen to Bob Uecker calling a Milwaukee Brewers game.

It's the oldies, blues or sixties and seventies(real music)rock and roll. Ice cold American brew or Crown Royal and coke. It doesen't get any better than that I'm thinkin.

Originally posted by GeorgeH:
Any good stout or porter plus heavy metal on the cd player, no kidding.
Hey George, that Stouts is some good beer isn't it.
Do they still make a "reserve" I think it was called? Have you ever been to Stouts when they have that big festival?

I am doing pork butts for Saturday-- so am going to listen to the King of Memphis "Elvis" also going to throw in some Roy Orbison. I will be sucking on Bud Light and Seagrams VO whiskey.

Originally posted by K Kruger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Crack The Sky,
I didn't think anyone else knew them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"I'm sorry, Lord, you know what's best, but please would you at least spare the cook?"
icon_cool.gif

Guiness or cabernet sav for the palate and picking the blues , country blues and bluegrass on one of my Martin guitars.
Tow 8lb butts on the WSM since last night for a party this afternoon.
Life is good

Joe in Penna

ICE COLD BUDWEISER...or Maker's Mark on the rocks with a splash of branch water!

The Smiths...LIVE...Stone Temple Pilots...anything with a good drum beat and gutiar riff!!

Also smooth jazz!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

This morning im listening to the birds chirp and drinking milk. The aroma of pork butt is in the air, sun is shining, its good to be alive.

Thanks guys now I've got a hugh task infront of me, sorting all these out (and I plan on using them all) Since I can "shuffle" through 5 MP3 CDs with out getting up once (except for more beer
icon_biggrin.gif
)
Also I would like to suggest you listen to David Wilcox--eye of the huricane

Drink of choice is beer and the music of choice is the Blues.(Magic Sam,Little Walter,Muddy Walters,
Albert Collins, Albert King,Clarenc Gatemouth, Charlie Musselwhite,etc.)
icon_smile.gif

For drink I like to think of myself as a former alcoholic. I didn't have to goto AA but I had a couple of wake up calls that caused me to walk away for many moons. I used to have 2 good drunks a year now I am down to 1. I do have a beer on occasion when smokin or not. Lately I have been drinking a new one Bud put out called a Hurricane High Gravity. It is 8.1% and one will get you going. I just had 2 this afternoon. Still feeling good.

Music. I love the '70s and '80s and country. I was country before country was cool. Lately I have been listening to country and since I have been in the restraunt I just have the local station. All I can say is it sucks. There was probobly 10 songs I heard at least 10 times a piece between saturday and sunday. My xm in my truck was built in so there is no fm broadcast that I can pick up from it. I have a sirius tuner that I am going to hook up before next weekend. It just about drove me nuts. Every time I thought about changing the channel someone would come in and I would forget about it. I like a large variety of music. A room mate of mine in the marine corps. got me to listen to a variety from jazz to blues to symphonies. I have always liked bluegrass and the older rock 50s and 60s. It is just mainly just what I am in the mood for at the time. I would say I could listen to just about anything but rap.

Back