When You're Smokin' What are You Drinkin' and Listening to?

I drink a bottle of Tabasco sauce while listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Ok, I really listen to the blues, bluegrass or classic rock while drinking beer. Though I will listen to anything, country music makes me ill.

A good beer some Grateful Dead or Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks.

Greg Allman: Used to come into the Belly Up Tavern, where I bartended and jam with whatever local band was on stage. Great at first, I believe they had to ask him to get off the stage after a couple weeks.

I'm in the minority here also, don't really drink. Haven't bought Beer for the house in 4 years lol. I am a coffeeholic.
Music....anything that doesn't make me want to go out and beat on something or someone lol.

For the first hour or two its really strong coffee and Bob Marley. Then I shift to water and something old - A1A or CCR. By mid-day its on to beer (pocketbook dependent brand) and the blues (SRV, BB King, Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Jimi Hendrix, Allman Brothers, Buddy Guy, et al).

When I serve it depends on what got smoked but I really love great big Zinz with my ribs and brisket. For butts I usually stick with beer or go with a shiraz. Sometimes we shift into a bluegrass mode during dinner (Allison Krauss rocks this house)- depends on who is eating with us.

Any good red wine (zin, cab, or merlot usually - sometimes a chianti).

Don't listen to music when smoking.

Ray

I think I've found a new addiction in quality Bourbon's. Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark and Old Rip Van Winkles to name a few. In a way I'm glad this stuff isn't cheaper, makes it easier to just have a couple! Unfortunately the wife likes it as much as I do and doesn't seem to care what it costs...no surprise there.

Music provided by the good old Grateful Dead! (Howdy Morgan, long time!)

I usually am drinking Wild Turkey and water or some Makers Mark and listening to stuff like Little Feat, Dave Mathews or Bruce Springsteen

Life is good.

Mike

Usually a case of Busch Light, camp fire while its still dark, and some Outlaw/Classic Country or Southern Rock from two blaring speakers in the truck! By the time the food is ready.....I'm struggling, but have the most extreme case of the munchies.-

Red Stripe or Yuengling
Merlot/Cab/Zin
Patron Silver
Crown

Chris Duarte
Eric Clapton
Wes Jeans
Reed Waddle
Mem Shannon
Allman Bros
Gov Mule
Pat Ramsey and the Blues Disciples
Dylan
Zappa
Etc.

Played through 2 Bose 251's on my patio next to my smoker so I can annoy the neighbors!!

subdude

How about homemade peppered vodka bloody mary early on. Then maybe one or two cold homebrews. Then my old friend George Dickle to close out the evening. I enjoy listening to John Prine, Dr. John, the Dead, and BLUES.

Bourbon and hickory smoke - that's the ticket.

Lately I've been on an "Asleep at the Wheel" kick, but music will span the range. I like to experiment with food, drink, and music!

I'm with Jack. Nothing like a high quality bourbon while smelling that smoke. My favorites are Knob Creek, Elijiah Craig, and Old Grandad 113.

As far as music goes I can't play anything I like with the 2 and 4 year olds around. The minute I put anything on they freak out and want their annoying kid music.

Usually the wife is making some Long Island's for us to sip on. I normally listen to a lot of B.B. King and other blues artists since it takes me back to my roots. It gives me that 'Ole Time' bbq feel while the Que is smoking. However, about half the time I'm listening to Zeppelin including a very rare live set that I got about a year ago.

Brooklyn Lager, generally -- unless it's really hot, in which case I'll do a Corona or Negra Modelo.

My MP3 player has over 6,000 songs, and I put that thing on shuffle. Bebel Gilberto to Scratch Perry to Mos Def to Pig Destroyer (appropriately). But the only country I have is Willie and Johnny.

And I feel for whoever it was who's wife didn't dig the smell of wood smoke -- when I come to bed during a night smoke I always get a half asleep "Mmmmm, smokey..."

Usually a Sam Adams or Saranac. Music a diversified mixture of early 60's from Dion to Hendrix depending on the mood and company.

Like a large glass of aged diet caffeine free coke along with a good cigar ;-). Along with some good classical music can't be beat.

/QUOTE] Does anybody else have a hysterical spouse who hates the smell of hickory filling the house?
/QUOTE]

Yes, I own a home and smoke on the deck; depending on the wind the house smells just like the deck BUT IT IS GREAT

When family come over they love it and it just get 'em in the mood to eat more.

Back