When You're Smokin' What are You Drinkin' and Listening to?

Booze: In the AM, usually a bloody beer. After that it's Kesslers and water until crispy
icon_cool.gif

Music: Usually Sirius Outlaw Country, but Super Shuffle and Planet Jazz are great too...so, pretty much everything.

Drinkin - Whatever homebrew is on tap, right now that is a Pale Ale, an Irish Red, an American-ized Bitter, and a Belgian White... Pale Ale is my favorite summer brew though (making another batch this weekend along with 2 batches of Orange Blossom Honey Mead)... BBQ without beer is like foreplay without sex, fun, but not completely satisfying...

Listenin - usually a local Classic Rock station, unless SWMBO is outside with me, then it's a local country station (even though i'm not a fan i tolerate it for her)...

Originally posted by Timmy R:
Early AM
- Good, strong black coffee
- Jimmy Buffett
Afternoon/Evening
- Homebrew, or good craft beer (style/brand dependent on wx and mood - often a good IPA)
- Jimmy Buffett

This is about the same list as I would make. However in the PM it would have to be some LIVE Jimmy Buffett, or some other live show coming out of the box.

Drinking - Molson Canadian or Captain Morgan Dark with 7 and water

Listening - Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Matt Costa, The Doors, Clapton, Hendrix.....

You know what, I've found that when you're smokin' up some quality eats for family and friends, time is relative. So for me, while smoking day or night, it's always the perfect time for a cooler full of ices cold Budweiser Beer and the Good Ole' Grateful Dead blaring at neighbor-bugging volumes!!

Yuengling Lager or Miller High Life and my latest playlist on my Ipod usually consisting of the Allmans, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, My Morning Jacket, the Black Crowes, Pearl Jam and the Dave Matthews Band. Or the Phillies if they are on.

Great idea for a thread!

Most of my smokes take place overnight... So, I'm drinking water and listening to crickets.
icon_biggrin.gif

However, when I grill, I'm usually drinking wine (chianti, shiraz, etc) and listening to the birds and my kids banging on the windows.

I'll second that notion Luke! But I do say that I prefer pecan over hickory for a butt, and Kalik over Corona Extra.....Buffett works all the time! I've got a fat Cuban that I'm smoking tonight!

Well, lets see.
Rigth now I'm KBAR (Kicked Back And Relaxed) with an Ice cold Heineken.

As to what I am listening to...
That would be my wife hassling me for sitting on the computer
icon_wink.gif

This is going to sound a lot like Jim S' reply up above, but here it goes

in the early morning: Colombian coffee (and lots of it)

Afternoon: Beer (Leinenkugels in the fall/winter/spring, and Corona in the summer)

Music: Jimmy Buffett, or Radio Margaritaville (Sirius 31)

Ah, this reminds me of the time before kids. Then it was homebrew or other microbrew and the music was always Stevie Ray Vaughn or Eric Clapton. My how times have changed. Still time for the occasional cocktail (beer, martini, red wine) but no more loud music. Mom is looking for quiet and the kids... well the kids are creating havoc.

I guess if I had a bachelor's weekend, I'd probably revert back to my old ways. Nothing beats the 3 B's: Blues, Beer and Bourbon.

Depends on the time of day/night. Early morning start times, might call for some Van Halen or Metallica. Later in the afternoon/evening will probably call for some Blues. Bud Select, and Stella Artois are can't go wrong choices during the cooking phase. Nothing wrong with a nice cold glass of ice tea also!!

Glenlivet 12 yr old scotch on the rocks. If it is beer it is either Dos Equis if it is hot out or Tommyknocker Maple Nut Brown.

For music while I BBQ it is:
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Blues Traveler, Marty Robbins, Gov't Mule, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, and for competitions it is Tool.

I listen to a lot of Rush but not while I BBQ.

Mark

Back