What's your favorite first bite from your Thanksgiving plate?

Always the turkey for me, especially if I cooked it. I want to get a taste and see how it is before anybody else comments but typically my father in law will get a bite while he's carving. I've about broken him from oven roasting these suckers.

I mix my corn and mashed potatoes together and cover it in gravy. That first bite is fantastic. My second favorite bite is turkey with cranberry sauce!

I’m not having ham this year, but a small piece of ham from the carving board would be my first choice.

It’s gonna be cornbread dressing for my first bite this year (unless I sneak a little turkey while carving).

I`ll put in a vote for stuffing. My wife makes great stuffing. I even get a couple bites before it hits the oven. She says I`m her taste tester. I always tell her it needs a pinch of poultry seasoning or whatever just so she keeps me in the ritual. Ha Ha!

Sliced turkey breast with the gravy made from the pan drippings.

That brings a flood of memories from past Thanksgiving dinners with family.

We eat injected fried turkey while big one in oven.
So the first bite is always something else.

Spinach-artichoke casserole
Candied yams
Green bean casserole

Dont eat stuffing since my mom passed. My in laws stuffing isnt fit to give to dog. Its some nasty concoction made with stovetop/sausage. My mom's was great and made with white cornbread. Sister has the recipe that was my grandmother's and I haven't tried to get it.

Actually, aside from turkey and same green bean casserole that everyone makes, my in laws food is pretty bad.
I have to make decent sides.

We eat injected fried turkey while big one in oven.
So the first bite is always something else.

Spinach-artichoke casserole
Candied yams
Green bean casserole

Dont eat stuffing since my mom passed. My in laws stuffing isnt fit to give to dog. Its some nasty concoction made with stovetop/sausage. My mom's was great and made with white cornbread. Sister has the recipe that was my grandmother's and I haven't tried to get it.

Actually, aside from turkey and same green bean casserole that everyone makes, my in laws food is pretty bad.
I feel for you! Do you have a plan to remedy this.

Back