What's your favorite first bite from your Thanksgiving plate?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
What's your favorite first bite from your Thanksgiving plate? The turkey? The stuffing? The candied yams? Let us know your favorite first bite!

74707182_10221030819346038_2435629804138004480_o.jpg

My first bite is always a piece of turkey, some mashed potatoes and gravy, and some stuffing... All in one bite.

It's a tossup between my grandfathers stuffing recipe and my dad's Louisiana Baked Oysters. Sometimes, it's a combo bite. I'm gonna miss those oysters this year, but I'm making the stuffing.

Do QC samples prior to serving count?;)

My favorite is always a little bit of crispy bread stuffing from the edge of the cavity after the turkey comes out of the oven. And it's the first forkful from my plate, too.

I usually dig in to a nice bite of turkey/gravy combo as the first bite. I'm not counting the 'samples' from the kitchen.

I always try a bite of turkey first. I smoke roast it on the WSM with the water pan removed so I look forward to it. The second bite is usually ham. I cook it on the Kettle.

Always the turkey as I'm carving it. Right when it's still hot and crispy. My wife's sweet potatoe pie is also pretty incredible--but we've opted not to make it this year as a whole pie for 2 people is too dangerous in this household. :)

Back