What would you like for FATHER'S DAY?

I start my Fathers Day by going early to visit my Dad at the cemetery.
I always tell him, " you raised a good one " and I think he agrees.
It's sad on the drive home but I feel better.

Later on, my Son's will stop by and I'll make them Beer Can Chicken which they love.

And another thing I always tell my Son's.
If you can't make it for Fathers day, don't text me Happy Fathers Day Pop's.
Give me a call... I'd rather hear your voice.

I wasn't expecting any gifts, but my youngest son, just out of college, got me a butcher's apron with my name on it and "Pitmaster" (I humbly submit I'm competent only). He also had a picture that he drew of a bbq'ing pig with chef's hat and tongs saying "A kiss of smoke".

Got it on now as I get some St Louis ribs on for Father's day!

What a great gift!

My Son's surprised me with a Stihl back pack leaf blower. I wasn't expecting that but they heard me talking about getting one.
I'm doing a butterflied pork butt for carnitas on the WSM for us today.
Supposed to get some severe weather this afternoon so I started early, right after I came home from visiting my Dad.

And I don't mean just food wise. OK? But you can post that if you wish.
I'd like to do the last 25 years over again and again. Being a dad has been the best

vU0QHsN.jpg

I wasn’t sure what to expect, and was a little sad because one son just left for the summer (taking classes, not necessarily a bad thing), but they came through.

My wife works for a top meat purveyor in NYC, so my two boys went in on the Father’s Day box, which was a 32oz prime porterhouse, 5 pounds of Italian sausage, and eight 8-oz burgers, which are a short rib blend.

Some good grilling to look forward to !!!

C4F6288F-5D7B-4B4E-AB07-FD145C7A6E5F.jpeg

I wasn't expecting any gifts, but my youngest son, just out of college, got me a butcher's apron with my name on it and "Pitmaster" (I humbly submit I'm competent only). He also had a picture that he drew of a bbq'ing pig with chef's hat and tongs saying "A kiss of smoke".

Got it on now as I get some St Louis ribs on for Father's day!

What a great gift!
Here's a shot of the pig that my son drew up and had custom embroidered on the butcher's apron I got on FD's.
fathers-day-apron-2021.jpg

For Father's day, I got a small Lego Millennium Falcon (just right of center). After I put that together, my daughter asked if we could build the X-Wing I had previously purchased (that she begged me not to build until she got home from college so she could help). So we did that as well. Now we have a group of Star Wars Legos, and it turns out, she's built all empire stuff (and the Battle at Mustafar) and I've built all rebel stuff. Then I figured we may as well make it look good. So we cleared a shelf in the theater room, added some lighting, and we got this...

Star Wars.jpg

Yes, we're geeks in our house.

Got an new Crafstman air compressor from the wife and son. Spent the day with the family and my parents drove up from Indiana. Did some pizzas on the kettle and hung out outside. Perfect day for me.

Back