What is your favorite type of BBQ sause?

Mike W

So I am going to have some ribs this Saturday for WSM Smoke Day 9. Im going to make atleast 3 slabs of baby back but will probably make more since there may be some family coming into town. I have made my own bbq sause before and it was ok but nothing to die for. Does anyone know of any types or recipies that they think are killer? I was thinking of having a different sause on each one. As always thanks for leaving any ideas.

I don't have a recipe but what I do is add cayenne powder to baby rays or any store brand and make it hot. But lately my wife travels to the east coast and the south and she is getting stuff I have never seen here in Southern California.

Love Clay Olsons Ninth Revision BBQ sauce recipe. It was published in Steven Raichlens BBQ USA. Great sauce in my honest opinion. I like the tanginess the lemons bring it.

I always used to use sauce of some sort but wifey never cared for it. I started to NOT use any sauce and man, that is the way to go.

Why put a (specially prepared) rub on those gorgeous ribs and then drown it with some commercial dreck?

Try it plain (just rub). If you must, have the sauce (homemade or in the bottle) on the table. I know, you like to "bake" it on the ribs. Try it the other way for one time and I guarantee if your rub is up to snuff, you'll never use sauce again.

Back