What is everyone cooking this weekend?

Wife picked up a nice tri-tip yesterday. Wants it cooked this weekend. Am looking forward to cooking and eating.

I plan on smoking some store bought brats this weekend, possibly some homemade venison/pork brats if my buddy brings them and anything else on sale!

smoking some corned beef and making it into pastrami! woo! soaked it overnight, just applied the mustard and rub. smokin starts saturday morning. very excited about it!!

Burgers on the grill, smokers are still covered in snow and it is snowing here tonight for the first day of spring

PART_1424175927286_IMG_20150216_170302961resize_zpsc5b5dc0a.jpg

Here they are last night

PART_1426798015194_IMG_20150319_163849037_HDR_zps8wbxr0aw.jpg

Just got back from ordering a couple briskets for Easter and they had a special on beef back ribs ($2.89/lb.) so I got a half-rack (about 2 lbs.) to try them out. Never cooked beef ribs before, so I'm not sure exactly how to season them. I assume being beef that my usual brisket rub will work? I also have some chicken legs & thighs I'm planning to do "roadside chicken" style.

The beef ribs came out OK, but I was a bit disappointed in the meat/bone ratio and the amount of fat (guess I should have trimmed them better). But, I don't see a whole lot of beef ribs in my future. My first pass at Roadside Chicken, though, was a big success. My son, who generally doesn't like chicken other than fried, even declared it delicious. I'll have to try it again with some split breasts. The missus doesn't like dark meat, so I used some breast tenderloins today; I think bone-in split breasts would be perfect for this application. This thighs I did were amazing; the drumsticks were a bit chewy, probably could have used a bit more time.

Sounds like people did some awesome cooks! I ended up doing beer brats, burgers with jalapeno and onion and homemade mac and cheese.

KFj92.jpg

Burgers with diced onion and jalapeno inside, johnsonville fresh brats and a 6.5lb chicken. That's what's on my agenda for tomorrow. Will be smoking in breezy weather, 35 degrees will be the high temp.

Threw on a couple Tri - Tip steaks tonight... Tomorrow some chedder brats with pepper's & onions probably do some beans too... Not to sure what were having Sunday yet?

Back