What is everyone cooking this weekend?

Nothing special but here they are:

MF1Ns.jpg

This past weekend I went with 1-inch cubes of chicken breast, topped with a fresh slice of jalapeno, wrapped in bacon and then dusted with my sweet and spicy rub. I smoked at 250 for 2.5 hours.

Had the butcher bone half a leg of lamb. came out to about 3lbs which is perfect. Its marinating in;
Zinfandel
EVOO
Rosemary
Thyme
salt
pepper
lemon zest
lots o garlic!
Smokin it up tomorrow. Very excited!

I picked up some nice K.C. style ribs from Costco yesterday. I'm gonna hit them with some Memphis Dust and throw them on the WSM with some Italian sausage, sweet corn and my Triple S-BBR (super secret stealth baked bean recipe).

I picked up some nice K.C. style ribs from Costco yesterday. I'm gonna hit them with some Memphis Dust and throw them on the WSM with some Italian sausage, sweet corn and my Triple S-BBR (super secret stealth baked bean recipe).
Have to ask, what are K C style ribs?

Kansas City cut. Poor choice of words. Sorry. FYI I don't do baby backs anymore or sauce my ribs. Dry rub only.

Last edited:
Kansas City cut
Thanks for the reply.
Never heard of that cut before, and Google was no help.

edit, found this on amazing ribs:
Kansas City cut. Not a commonly accepted term, it is usually used to refer to what is otherwise known as a St. Louis cut. Sounds like a little Missouri rivalry to me.

Last edited:

Back