What do you do for work? *****

Originally posted by Mike Hartwell:
I maintain and repair speakers for drive-in movies.
On the side, I rewind video tapes for a local store.
Things are slow right now.

Civil Engineer/Construction, who suspects many here won't laugh as hard as I did at Mike's post
icon_smile.gif

Dean...

Had to Google "IT" to see what half of y'all do for a living!
icon_biggrin.gif

Mr Lampe is just jealous that I'm retired!

For 30 plus years I followed in the footsteps of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Daniel Boone, Abraham Lincoln, and Henry David Thoreau,
I was a Land Surveyor.
Trust me, it was not as glamorous as it may sound.
But I did enjoy my job!

Thanks for posting that link Schane. I did a quick search before i started this thread but came up empty.

Retired for 7 1/2 years now from IBM (yes, those 1/2 years do count!). Actually, IBM was great for all but 2 years of my career and then three not so positive situations. Retirement became too enticing and I've never had a single regret.

Now I'm almost completely involved with woodworking/carving, maintaining my home and property and grilling/smoking. Funny, while I still enjoy them, my original hobbies don't consume the time they used to.

Oh and I guess I should add developing all those spreadsheets trying to figure out how to make Jim Lampe's work last for a lifetime.

Rich

Im in the Car building biss. Right now im working on Aston Martin "body parts" and make em ready for the paint jobb.

Originally posted by James Pop:
I work in IT security. If you do something wrong, I'm the one who will find you. The trail you leave is more obvious than many people realize.

I work as a Network/Security Engineer myself.

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob H.:
Bovine Psychologist.
that's good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After all, you DO want relaxed, tender beef.
icon_biggrin.gif

Before IBM, I was a counselor in the NC and VA community college systems. No bovines though.

Rich

I am a Chef. Yes I know crazy but I like to cook at home as well. It is different and more peaceful at home and I get to show my boys how to cook as well it is great father son time.

I'm 3/4's through getting my old job back driving human cattle trucks (buses
icon_biggrin.gif
) for the Government in Sydney Australia.
No Tying down needed
Presently driving dump trucks in the Hnter valley (casual/part time)

Cheers

Davo

Back