What do you do for work? *****

Originally posted by Tim (the grillaholic):
Dave, nothing intended (and not speaking from past experience..LOL) by the quote, Just one of the cuter ones I have come across.
Tim

Just curious, thats all, I am also a volunteer fire fighter as well, so the words fire dept speak to me in bold letters every time I see them.
icon_wink.gif

i design the microphones and the speaker drivers (and related tooling for cellphones and stuff like that. i also teach engineering software programs once a week at a community college.

I work in IT security. If you do something wrong, I'm the one who will find you. The trail you leave is more obvious than many people realize.

Originally posted by James Pop:
I work in IT security. If you do something wrong, I'm the one who will find you. The trail you leave is more obvious than many people realize.

Care to suggest any recommended reading?

Gee Clint - sounds like we've been involved in similar fields:

Been doing Applications / Project Engineering (make sure that all the parts are right, in the right quantity, and will work together / create the shopo drawings & submittals) for low-Voltage building systems since 1986.

Extensive work with Fire Alarm (code-wonk), Security, Access Control, Video Surveillance, Sound Systems, and integrated controls for Detention & Corrections.

Even got desperate and got my feet wet in sprinkler system design for about a year.

Currently with a company that manufactures Nurse Call and other communications / signaling systems.

I do heating and air conditioning but am currently on disability due to a buggered up knee. Almost time to go back to work.
icon_frown.gif

I work as a Cardiology tech. Specializing in echocardiography and device (pacemakers and defibrilators) checks. With all the vegans around here it sure is a good thing that my BBQ interest doesn't involve cholesterol.
icon_eek.gif

Mark

Originally posted by mk evenson:
With all the vegans around here it sure is a good thing that my BBQ interest doesn't involve cholesterol.
icon_eek.gif

I thought dietary cholesterol has been shown to have no causal effect on LDL blood cholesterol levels?

I collect money.
Different denominations of US currency.
The paper-style currency is my favourite, however, I will not pass on any old rare coin that would bring mucho dinero.

One may believe collecting money is an easy job. Contraire!
To fuel my obsession, I am force to perform chores and duties that, with my return, is very unsatisfactory.
And to top it all off, these "chores & duties" have been hampering my collection of money for well over twenty years in the same location.

I am trying to learn the Robert Correll system of collecting money without the necessity of waking early every morning to perform these unearthly AND ungodly chores and duties.
Until that day arrives, I will continue to collect money the old fashion way.

Mid-career electrical engineer/software engineer/scientist for a Fortune 500 aerospace/defense/communications company.

I don't get to do incessant smoking. I have to wait until a weekend, and usually a three-day one at that to get to cook.

Electronic technician for Air Traffic Control, NEXRAD Radar, and Weather Sensors.

Retired USAF Ground Radio Technician.

Back