What bbq smoker temperature control unit is the best for the $ ? With WiFi, pit blower fan and meat and pit probes.

How do y’all attach or recommend attaching the bowl?
Usually it's done with a spring-loaded toggle anchor bolt passed through one of the vent holes, like you use in drywall.

Here's an old post where someone adapted a large tin can + toggle bolt to achieve the same result:

I am using the FireBoard 2 Drive and Pit Viper fan. If you get a FireBoard 2 Drive that is working as it should it works very well and you can control it from wherever there is access to the internet or your phone/tablet. The temperature control is very accurate, Monitoring can be done on your phone, tablet, or computer. It can monitor 6 probes at a time. The only caveat is that FireBoard has production/Quality Control issues. I bought one directly from FireBoard in May. It took 4 units to get one that worked. The first one had a bad fan controller. The second one did not pair and had two different serial numbers, the third one had LCD issues. The fourth unit seems to be working fine, knock wood. I had to get the CEO involved to resolve the issue. He responds to email. It gives you a lot of bang for your buck but be prepared to have to deal with the possibility of receiving a unit that may need to be immediately replaced.
This is a recent cook. Orange is WSM temp. Green is % Fan on and off. No meat probe. I was smoking ribs.
Ribs.jpg

The HeaterMeter project beats them all. i can maintain within 1 degree on my smoker.

f7pDWBF.jpg

Nothing fancy I have a pitmaster a Q1 110 you set it and let it run don’t use the bowl I have an attachment for it just had a drill a larger hole for the attachment works great for the long cooks

Attachments

• 3BB390F9-1DC3-4948-B3EB-0F7061148B72.jpeg
    3BB390F9-1DC3-4948-B3EB-0F7061148B72.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 9

Back