What are you cooking for fathers day?

Roy Nemmers

I enjoy cooking, so instead of going out I would prefer to stay home, cook and enjoy visiting with my daughter and granddaughter. The problem is I don't know what to cook, My mother-in-law is visiting and I've already made some of the classics (rib-eyes, baby back ribs, butts, chicken) so I'm thinking of trying something new. But right now I'm just stumped coming up with an idea. I know I can't be the only one who is cooking for fathers day, so what are you throwing on the grill or smoker?

Got some beef ribs a while back. They are marinating in Montreal sauce & rub till tomorrow.
Happy Fathers Day to all you dad's out there.

Our whole family is going to my eldest son's house for Burgers , dogs and eye-talian sausages on the grill. Macaroni salad, green salad , deviled eggs and chips and pickles on the side. The quintessential American backyard BBQ . (Your menu may vary)
This is the holiday when I let my boys cook for ME!

hope you all have a great Father's Day weekend.:wsm:

StL spares, steaks and Mac & cheese for me...a happy father's day in my backyard is just being with the family, doing some yardwork and cooking. Happy father's day to ask dads!

A 17 pound brisket for my father in law... When I asked him what he wanted for Father's Day that is what he wanted. Pray for me please!

Whole brisket. I'll start it tomorrow around 6'ish and it will be ready around 6'ish. My wife is making coleslaw. BBQ sauce #5 for those who want it. Corn on the cob: grilled wrapped in the husk. On a trip out East I found 2 bottles of Dogfish Head World Wide Stout. One will be consumed with the brisket. The other will travel to MN when I visit my father and shared with him.

My plan was beef ribs. Took them out to thaw yesterday and guess what, I forgot to put them back in the fridge last night, this morning when I woke up they were room temp warm, I don't think I'm going to smoke them. I guess it's time for plan B which is ------------heck if I know

Happy Fathers Day to all

SL spares with corn on the bone and home made BBQ beans.

I hope you all have a great Fathers Day!

Going full force here...brisket, butt, and ribs all on the 18.5 Wsm. Brisket and butt are currently in the stall, ribs on in a few hrs, no worries as guests don't arrive until 4pm. Beans are going on the Performer Platinum, other sides as usual, cornbread, coleslaw, mac n cheese, and dogs for the little ones. Multiple adult beverages too !! Should be a great day

My plan was beef ribs. Took them out to thaw yesterday and guess what, I forgot to put them back in the fridge last night, this morning when I woke up they were room temp warm, I don't think I'm going to smoke them. I guess it's time for plan B which is ------------heck if I know

Happy Fathers Day to all

I'd chuck them on the smoker regardless, they're going to be cooked for more than long enough to kill any bacteria that may be present. If it was chicken I'd probably bin it, but beef is a lot more forgiving.

Just cruising along today :)

My son, a new dad himself, wants to have a go at smoking. He's doing his first lot of spare ribs on my 18 Weber, following my sage advice from the sidelines. Almost done, and he's doing fine.

I did 2 - Boston Butts for PP sandwiches to today and PP tacos and nachos for tomorrow. We will have enough for all the kids to take some home as well as leftovers for me and the wife. Having a big Sunday family dinner with kids, grand kids, and friends - Priceless. Happy Father's day to everyone.

Back