What are you barbecuing on Smoke Day?

Just got out the Mettwurst that I’ve been saving out!
Sounds like the menu will be:
A buddy is bringing- “Texas Twinkies” and pork belly burnt ends
I will do- wings, sausages, peppers, shrimp, maybe some moinks, have not done those in a long time.
Big cooler of beverages, John Wayne bourbon, big hats and bandanas!
YEE HAW!

Been thawing out a 7 lb pork butt in the fridge the past couple days. Trimmed and applied the dry brine over lunch today. Smoking overnight tonight to finish it up on smoke day! :wsm:

The schedule did not work out for tomorrow, but I am smoking three racks of baby backs on Monday. I haven’t done baby backs in over a decade because spare ribs are better. ;) But I have some friends and family, however misguided they may be, who prefer baby backs.

Texas style brisket and some ABTs. I wasn't as lucky as you Chris. I like to get my briskets at Costco because I can get USDA Prime there. However, when I went yesterday they didn't have any. Had to go somewhere else and settle for Choice. Happy Smoke Day! Nice pics of your brisket. There is something quite relaxing about going out in the middle of the night to check on the WSM, smelling the smoke, feeling the cool night air (well sometimes it's cool - I live in Arizona :rolleyes: ), and listening to the peaceful quiet.IMG_0668.JPG

Doing a little Ying and Yang for Smoke Day 16. Am doing my very very very first smoked diet dish courtesy of T-Roy of T-Roy Cooks who gave me his recipe which I did my own riff by smoking my vegetables first.
Will edit and get the videos uploaded. Beef ribs at 4 hour mark and coming along splendidly!!!
Ying - LA Style Chamoy Tajin Beef Shortribs
Yang - Smoked Peel a Pound Soup Lose 14 lbs in 7 days

Attachments

• 20200523_180517.jpg
    20200523_180517.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200523_194502.jpg
    20200523_194502.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200523_194529 (2).jpg
    20200523_194529 (2).jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200523_193233.jpg
    20200523_193233.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200523_160406.jpg
    20200523_160406.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 7
I have two racks of ribs, so that's probably what I'll be smoking. My choices are limited since I moved 6 months ago, and had to give up the 19-cubic-foot freezer I had for 40+ years. No more buying a case of butts when they are on sale. :cry:
Right! Wish I could do that too. 77-88 cents a pound. Right now even xxx sounds good. Pulled pork is excellent for crowds. Or gourmands

Doing a little Ying and Yang for Smoke Day 16. Am doing my very very very first smoked diet dish courtesy of T-Roy of T-Roy Cooks who gave me his recipe which I did my own riff by smoking my vegetables first.
Will edit and get the videos uploaded. Beef ribs at 4 hour mark and coming along splendidly!!!
Ying - LA Style Chamoy Tajin Beef Shortribs
Yang - Smoked Peel a Pound Soup Lose 14 lbs in 7 days

Posted my thread in the wrong forum, oops, but so far I’ve done baby backs (Friday), chuck roast pulled beef (Saturday) and have wings (now) then salmon going today. Bringing them to my beach cookout (burgers and dogs) later. Busy, but a fun type of busy !!!

I'm not on here a lot so I forgot that Smoke Day was on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend (I thought it was actually on the holiday). Even though I don't own a WSM, I'm preparing some peachy pork back ribs which I'll smoke on my 22.5" Weber kettle tomorrow. I'm going to make some peach BBQ sauce to go along with it, as well as baked beans and potato salad. I'll of course get pictures!

Back