What’s everyone…

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
̶B̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶, I mean cooking this Labor Day weekend? I bought a 16# whole packer to smoke on Monday. And will likely do some burgers, dogs and Vietnamese charred pork too on the weekend.

I haven’t decided yet for Monday, steak or tri-tip, but I’m making your (our secret) recipe for Char Sui pork on the grill tomorrow. It’s marinating in the fridge now.
I’m excited for your results! You can save the marinade and place it in a sauce pan and cook it and concentrate it to use as a serving drizzle or dipping sauce. Just make sure you bring it to a gentle boil and kill off any raw juices. Add water if the marinade becomes too thick or intense in flavor and right at the end, drip a little honey into the sauce to balance the savory sweet profile to your liking. PM me if you have any questions. I’m WFH tomorrow to clear my brain some from a very busy two weeks of the Caldor fire out here.

Just took out a 5 pound boneless chuck roast......Trying to thaw it for Saturday. I am great at being prepared.
Pepper Stout beef is on the menu for Saturday. I have to leave in the morning but trying to be home and have a fire started and temps right for about 9 a.m...... This is cutting it short but last time I really poorly planned my cook and started at noon, to eat for 7 ish. Not enough time but I will smoke the beef probably closer to 270 vs. the 240 I did last time which should give me enough time to get it done. 5 pound roast, looks like wolfe pit's does.
By took out a 5 pound boneless chuck roast I mean call the MRS and have her take it out of the freezer for me. :p
Need to invite a few buddies over for sammies.

Mark, I have a chili recipe I have been dying to share, but thought it was to early. What do you think?

Mark, I have a chili recipe I have been dying to share, but thought it was to early. What do you think?
I posted the recipe I’m using in the recipe section. I would very much like you to post your recipe.

Here in Sonoma, we are fortunate to be able to grill year round so it’s not too early to make chili. BTW… I am a big chili fan.

Smoking a 2 bone prime rib for my g/f & I, and a chuck roast for the neighbors on Sunday. Saturday..... gonna be out running around early, might just be grilled burgers. Monday? That's too far off. :)

Got to the store and headed to the meat department. I found the St Louis style ribs had dropped from 7.99 a lb to 2.99 a lb so guess what will be on the smoker tomorrow. Yep that's right RIBS.
That’s a good price and some good eating. Enjoy❗

By took out a 5 pound boneless chuck roast I mean call the MRS and have her take it out of the freezer for me. :p
I took out a pack of frozen pork the other day that was supposed to be chunked butt. But I discovered a few minutes ago that I defrosted a single rack of ribs. Doh! Looks like one rack of ribs, burgers and some dogs for dinner tonight. And maybe a grilled seafood spread tomorrow of scallops, shrimps and lobster tails.

So much for me being attentive to what I’m doing. Brain fog. Thankfully your Mrs paid attention 🙃🙃🙃

Ok, I'd decided to smoke three racks of St Louis ribs on the BGE. It will be a test to see if I can get the grate temp to hold at 180 to 200F using the billows. I've not been very good holding low temps in the past.

I'm going to experiment with sauces. One will be spicy apricot. with jalapeño garlic and cilantro. I roasted fresh tomatoes so these will go in another. I'll need to hunt for some ideas.

Back