Welcome to WSM Smoke Day 12: May 28, 2016

This Smoke Day falls one day before my birthday, one day after my anniversary, and two weeks before my retirement. I should cook three times as much as usual (any excuse, right?).
Happy Birthday Larry!
Congratulations Larry!!
Congrats Again and Enjoy your retirement Larry!!!

and i cook only on days with more than 5 letters in them.

Larry, congrats on your retirement! I only have 3126 calendar days til I can join you! (insert anguished whine of impatience here)

Thank you, Jim and Mike! (Mike, there's an app that will put a countdown to any important event on your phone or tablet, but I don't know if you can set it 3,126 days ahead :)).

Well, I have been a visitor of this board for nearly 6 years, but I have never participated in an official Smoke Day. Well, this year that will change! The only unresolved issue is what to cook. I am leaning toward a brisket, scalloped potatoes, maybe some baked beans or Mac and Cheese and fresh green beans. All that being said, I would entertain other suggestions. Something away from the norm like bread or dessert in the WSM.

Let me know your ideas.

First smoke day here. Smoking 32 pork butts to raise money for a couple who got in a bad car wreck. Going to try to fit them all on my Humphrey's Pint, 2 22 WSMs, and 2 18 WSMs.

Should be a good day of cooking!

This will be my second smoke day and I'm going to be starting a couple of butts right at midnight tonight :)

I participated in my first WSM smoke day. I smoked a 15 lb packer brisket on my 22.5 WSM along with a 11 lb butt. Things went real well, everyone was happy, happy. The flat was on the dry side, but the burnt ends were on point - pun intended. cheers!

Back