Welcome to the Family, New (to me) 18" WSM

Karl Quist

TVWBB Pro
The Social Worker who works for one of my teams at our hospital let me know recently that her husband wanted to sell his 18" WSM. He bought a PBC a couple years ago, and likes cooking with it better than the WSM. Their loss, my gain. For a very reasonable price I brought it home today. Truth be told, he thinks he maybe cooked on it 2, maybe 3 times. Other than some ash residue in the bottom bowl, you wouldn't know it has been used at all.

New family picture with the WSM and Performer:

IMG_20200501_195628_01.jpg

Me too, sitting outside as I type getting my 14.5 up to temp to do my first butt/first over nighter on my new/used WSM. Let us, know how your turns out! 20200502_201939.jpg

Finished the inaguaraul cook. I have to say, this is the best result I have ever had for a pork butt. Turned out just fantastic! The cleanest bone I have ever pulled out a roast before.

IMG_20200502_212127.jpg

Here are my results, that was the easiest pork shoulder I have ever done. My WSM has been a game changer for me! I really like your pic with the bone right beside the meat. I will try to do that next time.
20200503_130825.jpg20200503_132354.jpg

Great pick up on the 18 and great first cook also looks mighty tasty, that 14 is working very well also nice pulled pork, you two are now part of the Bullet family keep on cooking......

Back