Weekend Pot Roast

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We've been having a rainy week which was nice for a change. Got a break for a day or two and Pot Roast sounded good. Here's a few pictures.

This is a 2 lb. Chuck Roast. Seasoned with AP Rub and some Cattlemen's Tri Tip seasoning.

DSC_3334 (Large).JPG

Used my 18" WSM for a UDS style cook. Meat on top rack, no water pan. Ran smoker at 250. Threw on a large chunk of Pecan for some smoke.

DSC_3336 (Large).JPG

Let it run for 30 minutes and then flipped.

DSC_3341 (Large).JPG

Gave second side 30 minutes.

DSC_3344 (Large).JPG

Placed in a foil pan and braised in water, beef base and threw on a package of onion soup mix.

DSC_3346 (Large).JPG

After taking this pic I foiled the pan and let it run for an hour.

DSC_3349 (Large).JPG

Put in the veggies, carrots, white potatoes halved, mushrooms and onions. Foiled again and let it go 2 more hours.

DSC_3353 (Large).JPG

Wow, was this tender. Didn't temp it as a fork just fell into the meat. Veggies nice and soft as well.

DSC_3357 (Large).JPG

Used a couple cups of the braising liquid, some flour and melted butter and made a gravy. Plated it up.

DSC_3360 (Large).JPG

This was the best Pot Roast I've ever done. The gravy was a nice addition at the end. Hope you're all having a great weekend. Thank you for looking.

Looks great as usual! Its been drippy here too. Never fails turn on the sprinkler system for the year and then it rains!

Back