Weekend Pork and Flank

Todd NC

TVWBB Pro
Took advantage of the nice weather this past weekend and did a couple cooks on the kettle.

First up was Grilled Sweet and Sour Pork Tenderloin. Main players were the tenderloin, red peppers, fresh pineapple (cut the top off so no one sees the clutter on our counter), and some white onion. Tenderloin was salted a few hours before grill time.

1631577129726.jpeg

Tenderloin and onions to the cool side while the peppers and pineapple finish up.

1631577152086.jpeg

Everything done and chopped up.

1631577163959.jpeg

Little Eddie hoping I would "drop" a couple pieces of pork. I did.

1631577187402.jpeg

Everything mixed up and ready for plating.

1631577209668.jpeg

Served over a bed of white rice and topped with some homemade sweet and sour sauce. This is one of our favorite meals. It's hard to beat grilled pineapple.

1631577221863.jpeg

Next up was some tequila-marinated flank steak.

1 1/2 lb of flank.

1631577249580.jpeg

Steak was marinated in a mixture of olive oil, tequila, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, paprika, worcestershire, black pepper, salt, and oregano.
This was after the flip, along with some grilled jalapeños.

1631577266769.jpeg

Sliced and ready to serve with green Cholula, sliced avocado, red onion, queso fresco, and some chopped cilantro.

1631577281759.jpeg

Ready to eat with a side of Mexican rice and black beans hiding under the tortilla. Good stuff.

1631577299697.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Both cooks look awesome!! Would love to try the sweet and sour pork. Any recipe help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Just took 2 tenderloins out of the freezer, I’m doing this Saturday.
Thanks Bruno. Here’s a link. Hope you like it.

I don't know which cook I like better, the both look so good! I bookmarked your response to Bruno with the recipe. On a side note pork tenderloin is becoming one of my favorite cuts of meat. Up until a few weeks ago I only ever cooked it whole sliced and served with a veg and potato sides for a tradition meal. However, over the last few weeks I have use tenderloin for home ramen and Filipino pork skewers and I keep thinking about other recipes I want to try it in. This makes that list.

I don't know which cook I like better, the both look so good! I bookmarked your response to Bruno with the recipe. On a side note pork tenderloin is becoming one of my favorite cuts of meat. Up until a few weeks ago I only ever cooked it whole sliced and served with a veg and potato sides for a tradition meal. However, over the last few weeks I have use tenderloin for home ramen and Filipino pork skewers and I keep thinking about other recipes I want to try it in. This makes that list.

we grill pork tenderloin often. Herb rubs, wet brines, banh mi sandwiches etc. I find it’s somewhat forgiving if you overshoot the temps a little, which I did on the cook above. I usually try to hit 145.

edited to correct spelling and correct the temp.

Last edited:
Both look excellent. Thanks for sharing the sweet/sour recipe - I think I'll have to try that soon. Confirming: just salt on that tenderloin prior to cooking?

Both look excellent. Thanks for sharing the sweet/sour recipe - I think I'll have to try that soon. Confirming: just salt on that tenderloin prior to cooking?

That is correct. The recipe doesn't call for it, but I salt it and put it back in the fridge for a few hours. Let me know how you like it.

Todd do you put a cup of sugar in the sauce? I’m thinking of going with 1/2 a cup.
I have all my stuff ready to go, thanks again.
This is going on the performer for dinnner.

I usually do a half batch but yes, I use the full amount in the recipe. I don’t find it overly sweet, but that’s me. I like the balance between the sweet and sour.

Todd do you put a cup of sugar in the sauce? I’m thinking of going with 1/2 a cup.
I have all my stuff ready to go, thanks again.
This is going on the performer for dinnner.
You could try half and add more before you take it off the heat. I had a little sauce left over and I just did a taste of the straight sauce. You could maybe try 3/4 cup but again, you can always add more at the end.

242ADD78-462C-47C8-8092-8A4E25EA2CA7.jpeg90115DB3-534F-440D-9DE1-0E8BCCC4C126.jpegCD18B402-122E-45F0-829F-045CE611E88F.jpeg9EC1A630-22D4-4254-87B0-C2053C5D68FD.jpegAlright I made a max effort on this bad boy!! Shockingly my kids didn’t like it but it was amazing!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Back