Weber Summit Charcoal Grill and Summit Charcoal Grilling Center - New for 2016

I don't know if Amazon will be selling it eventually. Right now the only online retailer I know of that's selling the grill is Firecraft.
Just FYI Abt also sells them. They are authorized dealer and have the units in stock. That's where I got mine from. My SCG center should arrive next week. The price is surprisingly good for a new product (better than what's being shown in this thread). Maybe that will make it easier to absorb for some people.

Last edited:
I missed out on it but I see ABT has $25 off first order over $250. I just got mine from firecraft. Could have saved me a couple of bucks. Also, grill arrived yesterday with a bent bowl support ring. I contacted weber and they are sending a new one out. I may try to bend this one back so I can use it this weekend.

That is the best review I've read. BTW, at the end where he talks about only getting to keep one Cooker it would be the WSCG. I agree.

I cooked on one at the Grill Academy, having also read this review I sold my WSM & have it being delivered tomorrow ;). Can't wait!

Boy, the latest post on this thread was last September as there appears to now be very little interest on the Forum for this pricey Kettle??

However, if I had the "dough" I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Boy, the latest post on this thread was last September as there appears to now be very little interest on the Forum for this pricey Kettle??

However, if I had the "dough" I would buy one in a heartbeat.
well, considering many in this forum already have a kettle or few.. and a WSM to two of various sizes...and figuring the new thousand buckPLUS Weber is basically a WSMKettle... to go out and drop a huge pot of wallet on it really is not too practical
NOT that i'm practical....

if I had the scratch in my pocket with nothing else needing attention at this time, i'd too would buy one.

Do I need it???
absolutely not.
Do I want one?
not really. I can live without it.

Sure, It's GREAT! but it's not bacon.

well, considering many in this forum already have a kettle or few.. and a WSM to two of various sizes...and figuring the new thousand buckPLUS Weber is basically a WSMKettle... to go out and drop a huge pot of wallet on it really is not too practical

if I had the scratch in my pocket with nothing else needing attention at this time, i'd too would buy one.

Do I need it???
absolutely not.
Do I want one?

Agree with Jim, we have eight Weber's and it's just the two of us 99.99% of the time. I also bought seven of the eight used off of CL or yard sales and have less than $600 tied up in the seven used ones, so I don't need a 2K+ grill to cook a couple of steaks.
Would I like to have one, you bet but then again I don't want to get a CI pan bounced off my head by Barb for buying one.
And there ain't nothin better than bacon.

Do I need it???
absolutely not.
Do I want one?

Yep..............

Well, I done did it.

I had some extra cash from teaching this semester (I do some adjuncting at a local college) without any place it was needed. After doing a cook on my 22" WSM in December that was just rough (turned out well, it just ate a bag and a half of Kingsford and fought me the entire time) I was thinking some kind of kamado would be nice. After looking at BGE, Kamado Joe, and the WSC, the WSC was the clear winner. The only drawback is the price, and even then it's only a drawback because one usually compares it to smaller kamados. I didn't want something that weighed a ton, and heck, it's a Weber.

I was doing some looking, and my local shop offered me a bit of a discount to just go ahead and buy it today. Well, TWIST MY ARM WHY DON'T YOU. So now I have a new WSC (not the full grill center, I only have so much patio room) sitting in a box in the garage waiting for assembly.

Back