Weber Skyline Restored

I thought I would put up this restore thread on a Skyline I did a couple years ago. It was one of my favorite builds and I went all out with black knobs, black handles and even a Weber Rotisserie. I sold this to a guy about 4 hours away in another state and he was buying it for his hunting cabin. I shudder to think of it sitting out in the middle of the woods with snow leaves and squirrel nests in it right now. I got $400 for it and I really don't think the guy cared a bit about the Skyline logo or any of the other extras. I probably could have sold him a plain old Redhead for the same price :confused:

NzDiya3.jpg

GRq0I4d.jpg

mfjbowg.jpg

tHnOtTv.jpg

VebJ7Iq.jpg

i6wFnRu.jpg

xYWfp6p.jpg

Jq7wtHe.jpg

Jb00LN4.jpg
That basket on the front of the control panel is super cool! Very nice!

Skylines are pretty cool. I've got one in my garage that I wanted to restore but the lid has a lot of fade on it. It would make a good every day grill though.

Do you know if those wire baskets that go in front of the control panel are hard to come by? Not sure what grill I would use it on but it seems like a pretty cool touch on the right grill. Two of my 1000s up for restoration have wire instead of wood slats on the bottom so that would tie together well.

Do you know if those wire baskets that go in front of the control panel are hard to come by?
The only grill I've ever seen them on is a skyline, but I understand they were offered on other grills briefly. So yes, hard to come by. Actually, the only differences between a Skyline and a Genesis 1000LX are the lid, the wire rack on the bottom, and that condiment basket you mentioned. I'll bet @Jon Tofte has a bunch of them in his warehouse 😄

The only grill I've ever seen them on is a skyline, but I understand they were offered on other grills briefly. So yes, hard to come by. Actually, the only differences between a Skyline and a Genesis 1000LX are the lid, the wire rack on the bottom, and that condiment basket you mentioned. I'll bet @Jon Tofte has a bunch of them in his warehouse 😄
The fixed stand Webers also had a wire condiment basket on them. The only difference was that it did not have the three little tool holder hooks on the front of it. Otherwise, it was identical.

1719419197987.jpeg

Cody, they were meant to be bolted in place to a deck or patio or whatever. Growing up we had NG and when my father had his house built when I was still a wee lad, he had a permanent mount grill on the back deck installed (no, not a Weber). But it stayed there until I left home 20 years later. It got used a lot growing up.

Back