Weber shipping a hopper fix in March?

Just got off the phone with Weber, the “slider”, that’s what she was calling it, should be here Tuesday.
It reduces the hopper from 22 to 20 lbs, exactly like Conner’s.

Of course pictures and a demo to come as soon as I have it.

BTW the reason I am a huge fan of Weber is the customer service, they are a bunch of nice people, I did make some cracks about how much fun she probably had the last couple weeks.

I've got my garden area almost ready and I went to the garden store by me which also happens to be a Weber authorized dealer. They had both Smoke Fire models on display and for sale. A week ago they weren't in stock. As I was walking around there BBQ area the sales person came up and asked if I had any questions. So I asked him if the smoke fires had the updated Hopper and augers. He didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I told him there has been some issues and Weber is sending out a fix to customers. Again he didn't seem to know what I was talking about. He told me that their Weber representative was in the store explaining everything to him and they didn't mention anything about those issues. He then asked again if I had any questions. At this point I'm sure I knew more about the smoke fire than he did. It's unfortunate because this place only deals in the higher-end grills and not the chinesium special's. I think Weber is doing a disservice to their authorized dealers by not giving them all the information if that's truly the case. During our talk I mentioned the app isn't ready yet, and he did instantly agree that the app needs work.

So that kind of makes me wonder. is Weber trying to get these units out even though they know there are issues instead of doing a stop sale until the fixes can be applied to new customers units? I'm not trying to be Doom and gloom. But it seems to me if the Weber representative was just in there authorized dealers store then they would have said by the way.......

It does seem odd that Weber would not have at least provided a current "talking points" memo to their dealers to proactively get ahead of known issues. That is not a great way to treat your business partners (or your customers).

It’s what I said they should do in Steve’s first thread.
I ordered one and it’s on it’s way so I guess I can do a comparison for everyone.

Bruno, you are into this deep😲. I truly hope your investment of time, money and determination sees you through to a great working SmokeFire. It is certainly generous of you to try out and report on these fixes.

Like others, I salute Weber for promptly tackling this one head on. Now if they can get the software fully functional and work on reducing ash, things could really be looking up. I am guessing they will bring out disposable aluminum pans for the SmokeFire to address the grease accumulation issue.

Any idea what the process is to request a hopper slide for a EX4?

How do I find out what rev my auger is on my EX4?

Bruno, you are into this deep😲. I truly hope your investment of time, money and determination sees you through to a great working SmokeFire. It is certainly generous of you to try out and report on these fixes.

Like others, I salute Weber for promptly tackling this one head on. Now if they can get the software fully functional and work on reducing ash, things could really be looking up. I am guessing they will bring out disposable aluminum pans for the SmokeFire to address the grease accumulation issue.
I ordered it before I heard Weber was going to send one. He had a lot of cancelations but he sent mine out.
I’m still really happy Weber came out with this. They are listening.
As for the SmokeFire I LOVE it!! I just cleaned it this weekend, shop vac was the bomb.
I fired it up just now to cook some sausage and dogs for the family. Fired right up and man you were right I really like this pit master blend!!

Any idea what the process is to request a hopper slide for a EX4?

How do I find out what rev my auger is on my EX4?
So they mentioned looking for a gasket, I’ll copy the email after dinner.
I also want the new rev auger, but it’s working fine and I know they’ll send it if anything goes wrong.

I ordered it before I heard Weber was going to send one. He had a lot of cancelations but he sent mine out.
I’m still really happy Weber came out with this. They are listening.
As for the SmokeFire I LOVE it!! I just cleaned it this weekend, shop vac was the bomb.
I fired it up just now to cook some sausage and dogs for the family. Fired right up and man you were right I really like this pit master blend!!
To be clear Steve offered me a refund and I couldn’t make up my mind, it ended up getting shipped. Steve has been nothing but cool! I look forward to seeing both but after watching the Weber video again I am really looking forward to that set up. It looks like they did a great job with it.

I’m glad so many people are having a good experience with Weber customer service. That wasn’t my experience today. My EX6 was one of the first ones sent out on March 4th. It’s still in the box in my garage. I have been trying to decide if I want to keep it based on all the problems others have encountered. I called Weber today to see if I could get the all repair parts prior to me assembling my unit. I was informed by the customer service representative that there wasn’t a problem with their grill and because I haven’t used it yet that they wouldn’t address unknown problems with my grill.
I guess I just have to wait until I burn my deck up or ruin an $80 piece of meat before they are willing to help me out...not what I’d call great customer service...just sayin...😳

With all honesty, no one would ever send you parts unless you have the item installed and they troubleshoot it over the phone then decide what's needed.
Are you 100% sure your grill won't work properly if assembled? If you are then I suggest to return it and not waste your time.

I’m glad so many people are having a good experience with Weber customer service. That wasn’t my experience today. My EX6 was one of the first ones sent out on March 4th. It’s still in the box in my garage. I have been trying to decide if I want to keep it based on all the problems others have encountered. I called Weber today to see if I could get the all repair parts prior to me assembling my unit. I was informed by the customer service representative that there wasn’t a problem with their grill and because I haven’t used it yet that they wouldn’t address unknown problems with my grill.
I guess I just have to wait until I burn my deck up or ruin an $80 piece of meat before they are willing to help me out...not what I’d call great customer service...just sayin...😳
I hear you, to be honest I wish they would send everyone the same parts and explain why and what the differences are.
That being said my SmokeFire has worked great as it came on Feb17th. The only part Weber is sending me is the hopper fix.
I have 100% trust if I have an issue they will take care of it.

I plan to put this thing through some serious action with spring and summer almost here.

As I’ve said I LOVE THIS THING. I think my kettles and WSM are going to be pretty lonely this year.

Back