Weber shipping a hopper fix in March?

I’m glad so many people are having a good experience with Weber customer service. That wasn’t my experience today. My EX6 was one of the first ones sent out on March 4th. It’s still in the box in my garage. I have been trying to decide if I want to keep it based on all the problems others have encountered. I called Weber today to see if I could get the all repair parts prior to me assembling my unit. I was informed by the customer service representative that there wasn’t a problem with their grill and because I haven’t used it yet that they wouldn’t address unknown problems with my grill.
I guess I just have to wait until I burn my deck up or ruin an $80 piece of meat before they are willing to help me out...not what I’d call great customer service...just sayin...😳

Do you have Rev F auger? Probably won't know until you assemble it.

I felt exactly the same way as you do. I watched this video and it convinced me to assemble it:

Start small - do the updates - takes a while to upload. Use short thick extension cord. Run the heck out of it in a testing phase and then start small.

Don't have to ruin 80 brisket....start with a couple of reverse sear steaks. Then maybe some ribs. I have run mine on 4 cooks and worked fine. Knock on wood.

Do you have Rev F auger? Probably won't know until you assemble it.

I felt exactly the same way as you do. I watched this video and it convinced me to assemble it:

Start small - do the updates - takes a while to upload. Use short thick extension cord. Run the heck out of it in a testing phase and then start small.

Don't have to ruin 80 brisket....start with a couple of reverse sear steaks. Then maybe some ribs. I have run mine on 4 cooks and worked fine. Knock on wood.
I bought for briskets if it can’t do that it has to go.

Interesting, looking forward to trying the Conner one and this.
That looks like it’s going to fill up with dust!

Last edited:
I got my new hopper fix and Rev F for the auger today (I had Rev E). Installed them with no issues, although it takes some balancing to fix the auger because the hopper needs to be removed and leaned onto its side. Fired it up when done and ran into the same issue I had when it was brand new. Got a little smoke but the temp never went up. Put it through its shutdown procedure and started again. Worked like a champ. Threw a few chicken breasts on and I have to say these were perfectly cooked.

IMG_0601.jpeg

I got my new hopper fix and Rev F for the auger today (I had Rev E). Installed them with no issues, although it takes some balancing to fix the auger because the hopper needs to be removed and leaned onto its side. Fired it up when done and ran into the same issue I had when it was brand new. Got a little smoke but the temp never went up. Put it through its shutdown procedure and started again. Worked like a champ. Threw a few chicken breasts on and I have to say these were perfectly cooked.

View attachment 883

I swapped the auger without removing the hopper. Takes about five minutes and a little care to not dislodge the seal on the auger tube. Apply forward and upward pressure, then tighten the two chute to auger assembly screws. I'm not a RTFM kind of guy though and I like to live on the edge. :alien:

I bought for briskets if it can’t do that it has to go.
Thanks for the info! It made me feel much more confident about this grill to the point I put mine together just as it came with no mods. It works perfectly. I’ve only cooked pork tenderloin and a rack of ribs both had better smoke flavor than I ever got from my Traeger. I had a beautiful smoke ring on my tenderloin. I can’t wait to cook a pork shoulder and a brisket!
I had no feed issues and really didn’t have any more ash then I used to get from my Traeger.
So far I’m more than impressed with my E6, I think it’s one heck of a nice grill!

Thanks for the info! It made me feel much more confident about this grill to the point I put mine together just as it came with no mods. It works perfectly. I’ve only cooked pork tenderloin and a rack of ribs both had better smoke flavor than I ever got from my Traeger. I had a beautiful smoke ring on my tenderloin. I can’t wait to cook a pork shoulder and a brisket!
I had no feed issues and really didn’t have any more ash then I used to get from my Traeger.
So far I’m more than impressed with my E6, I think it’s one heck of a nice grill!
Awesome!!i be been getting crazy smoke rings myself!!
A1E2387B-BFF6-4C04-ABBC-D93E06505010.jpeg

Back