Weber shipping a hopper fix in March?

I like that, too. After the corporate double-talk at least they admitted somewhat of an issue. More importantly, they commit to fixing it!

George:george: would be proud of that!

Yeah I registered my EX6 and found some interesting stuff in the FAQ’s, they have a reason for everything.
I am pretty confident at this point all smokers have an issue or two. The SmokeFire has a few as well but I talked to a guy who bought and returned a Traeger recently due to low smoke output and after reading Dave’s review of the Woodwind I lean towards the SmokeFire.
I think RecTec is coming out with something big soon but it will be too late for me as my return date will be up.

My guess is something like ZoeConner posted, please keep me updated on the auger and chute, I want to press Weber for all the upgraded parts. Is your other auger a REV D?

It looks like Weber is going to address all of the problems and work out a fix. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part but that news is encouraging. The hopper is an easy quick fix.

It looks like Weber is going to address all of the problems and work out a fix. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part but that news is encouraging. The hopper is an easy quick fix.
I think they will do the best they can, I predict some drip pans possibly too.

I had my auger and chute replacement sent by Weber. Went from a gen D to F. Assembly wasn’t difficult. About 10 screws. I can’t comment on the effectiveness of the new auger/chute yet since it was just replaced. If you put in a ticket with Weber, I was told the hopper slide was going to ship out starting next week.

I did ribs - ran flawlessly for 6 hours - very little supervision. I don't even think i raked - i just piled it up on that end. Temp was bang on. Except for a brief 10 degree drop...i was sitting in my office with app open and saw it on my phone - freaked me out....left it alone it did correct.

I keep waiting for the controller freeze or snuff out - so far, so good. I may have lucked out getting mine at the end of the launch run. Fingers crossed.

Noticed that Weber is now saying to start up with the bars everything removed, make sure glow plug is firing and wait till it starts to go. I wonder if that also helps the airflow a little?

I did order the Connor slide - i liked the storage option for the probes. I will put in a request for the Weber slide as well. Be interesting to compare the two.

Last edited:
Product NamePart #
Qty​
Price​
Discount Price​
Item Total​
Lid assembly, black, 36" SmokeFire68992
1​
$0.00​
$0.00​
Hopper Pellet Slide 36"69230
1​
$0.00​
$0.00​

I just got confirmation from Weber of a new lid (mine is tweaked) and the pellet slide. I included the EX6 part numbers for both as reference.

Noticed that Weber is now saying to start up with the bars everything removed, make sure glow plug is firing and wait till it starts to go. I wonder if that also helps the airflow a little?

Is that a one time requirement or every time you start the grill?

I ordered the Conner slide as well,
Weber customer service is why I am a Weber man, they really do come through.

Product NamePart #
Qty​
Price​
Discount Price​
Item Total​
Lid assembly, black, 36" SmokeFire68992
1​
$0.00​
$0.00​
Hopper Pellet Slide 36"69230
1​
$0.00​
$0.00​

I just got confirmation from Weber of a new lid (mine is tweaked) and the pellet slide. I included the EX6 part numbers for both as reference.

Timely info! Just used that to help with my request!

By lid tweaked do you mean it doesn't close as well? I noticed mine was pretty tight and fit well on delivery but after the 600 degree cook, the right side catches a little and I have to push it to the left slightly to get it closed all the way. I'm wondering if it is a hinge problem?

Is that a one time requirement or every time you start the grill?

I think every time reading between the lines. This is what they sent to me:

"When powering on your grill a suggestion we would make is to make sure that your pellet hopper is full and keep the lid open with your grates, middle big flavorizer bar ( middle triangle piece ) and your heat deflector removed to make sure that your glow plug is orange/red and you are able to view your pellets drop once you start to get the wood smoke then add your heat deflector and flavorizer bar and your grates back on, close the lid and let the grill preheat for about 10-15 minutes on the desired temperature."

A lot has happened since I went to work last night. I'm excited for everyone getting updated bits and bobs. Looking forward to seeing positive results because of them. It sounds like Weber support is really trying to get a handle on the issues. I'm curious what/how they went about altering the hopper. Post pictures when the parts arrive for comparison.

I sent my service request in for the hopper insert this morning and its already in the que. Nice job Weber.

As an aside, I noticed my lid wasn't closing as well, and the hinges appear to be aluminum? Right hinge didn't look straight. Put a little pressure on it to straighten it out and seems fine now. With the BBQ felt that i got, closes nice and a nice seal all around.

Back