Weber says they have discontinued the Hanger Rack for the WSM's for 2017

Hi Len sorry I know this tread is old, but does your offer still stand? I just purchased a new 22.5 WSM last week and was real bummed to see that the rack has been discontinued. I'd be happy to pay all the costs up front.

Thanks
Mike M

Hi Len sorry I know this tread is old, but does your offer still stand? I just purchased a new 22.5 WSM last week and was real bummed to see that the rack has been discontinued. I'd be happy to pay all the costs up front.

Thanks
Mike M

Another possibility is the rack sold by Target: https://www.target.com/p/gateway-drum-smoker-174-rib-hanger-stainless-steel/-/A-51673898#lnk=sametab

There is a previous thread on this question that might help: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?70371-rib-rack-question&highlight=gateway+rack

Niche accessories like the hanger system and the WSM ash scoop (discontinued last year) were never going to sell at the same volume as grlll brushes, spatulas, replacement grates, etc. that would earn them a spot on the shelf at home improvement stores. They were readily available online from many sources including Weber, Amazon, Home Depot, Target, TrueValue and others. The bigger issue: Hanging meat is not that compelling, not necessary, and specific to the niche WSM, so no surprise to me that they were not hot sellers. But I give Weber credit for at least giving WSM-specific accessories a try. I bet some enterprising third-party will step in to fill the void, if there's not one already.

Glad I got mine a couple of years ago. I just saw one (just one!) on Amazon for $80 ! ! !

Just goes to show, you better jump on these accessories before they disappear.

BD

Niche accessories like the hanger system and the WSM ash scoop (discontinued last year) were never going to sell at the same volume as grlll brushes, spatulas, replacement grates, etc. that would earn them a spot on the shelf at home improvement stores. They were readily available online from many sources including Weber, Amazon, Home Depot, Target, TrueValue and others. The bigger issue: Hanging meat is not that compelling, not necessary, and specific to the niche WSM, so no surprise to me that they were not hot sellers. But I give Weber credit for at least giving WSM-specific accessories a try. I bet some enterprising third-party will step in to fill the void, if there's not one already.

Oh the list is growing of all the things that were discussed, prototyped, tried as far back as when I was there. It appears that the best thing that ever happened for the consumer was when Weber was sold. It looks like the fresh perspective and "sh.... or getting off the pot" was really brought down to where it mattered. Even the gourmet system dates back to the 70s, yet was being revived with testing in 07/08.

You are correct in the assessment of a niche market. We had a few racks that would hang ribs, fish the full vertical length. Often (like handles on the mid section, the probe grommets, handle placement on lids, programmable thermometers, etc.) "well safety, law suit, no... NEXT!"

Fortunately we have a lot of creative people and enthusiasts and 3rd party vendors to bring all these things to life.

It's true, there are many creative folks out there, the ingenious mind will not be denied when it comes to the pursuit of Weber happiness!
May become the proud owner of my brothers 22 smoker, then I will have to design the right carriage for both my 18 no the new 22 if he decided he's done smoking. If it happens, fine if it doesn't, I can struggle long with my 18 and be perfectly happy!
The designing is the fun part!

It's true, there are many creative folks out there, the ingenious mind will not be denied when it comes to the pursuit of Weber happiness!
May become the proud owner of my brothers 22 smoker, then I will have to design the right carriage for both my 18 no the new 22 if he decided he's done smoking. If it happens, fine if it doesn't, I can struggle long with my 18 and be perfectly happy!
The designing is the fun part!

It's an interesting thing. We see it in BBQ, guitars, cars -everything. Customization! There are so many purists that "can't use a 3rd party veggie basket.. it HAS to be Weber". Yet there are so many innovative things that people come up with. They just have to "let go" of the label and be ok with it -and you know what? Fire is fire. It is all the people at forums such as this driving the industry.

You can send me the 22.. I never got one!

That's a fact, the customization thing is a big deal! People think they "NEED" some contraption, when it really is just that they WANT it!
If I end up with the 22 I'm already designing the double barreled carriage to accommodate the 18 and 22 WSM's, I NEED that!
Sorry Mike.

Thanks
Mike M

Didn't see this till today. If you're still interested I'll check to see if it's still available.

Edit--》Just checked and neither size is available now. Did find it on amaz ca but it was $230 !!!

Last edited:
I found 3 of these at a local store. I'm going to keep one for myself but I'd be willing to part with the other two. Message me if anyone would like one.

Back