Weber Q Marketplace Find

JDillard

Folks, I have found all 4 of my Weber grills on FB Marketplace and my latest find is a gem. I was scrolling through Marketplace on Friday when I say the beloved phrase, “free grill”. I clicked on it and sure enough it was a Q series from Weber. It had been posted for 6 minutes and figured the local scavengers would be hot after it. I messaged the owner and told her that I would be on the way. They responded and said that they couldn’t hold it due to the interest they expected so I decided to immediately get on the road. There was one issue, my wife had our SUV at the time and I was driving our Ford Fusion sedan. I didn’t care... I was getting that grill home. I drove 20 minutes and sure enough, the Weber Q was on the curb. After some struggle, I got the grill wedges into my trunk (without the lid closing” and I was on my way. It was looking a little rough but I knew she’d clean right up.
I got the grill home, scrubbed her down and rinsed the grease out. I went and exchanged the propane tank that they included and I was ready for a test run. First issue, the igniter was not operable. Totally frozen... So, I got a lighter and fired her up. I noticed that the burner tube had a few clogs but after scrubbing it with a wire brush, I was able to get a steady, blue flame. I scrubbed the grates and cleaned the side tables and I tell you, this thing is as good as new. **I even got the igniter working yesterday**.

I’ve posted some pictures (including the first cook) of this Weber Q300. Not bad if I say so myself!1C73BA9D-7044-448A-90DA-7AAE7840B5A9.jpeg5C93B567-9A31-45A6-A7F1-25A281D68FB4.jpeg0114E8E2-96B2-43C6-B219-48F3CC8726D8.jpeg29818C54-0C66-4F12-8509-59D4B434C851.jpeg

That is one heck of a Free Pick Up! Way to go! Both my Webers are used MarketPlace or Criag's list finds. I keep thinking about adding a gasser to my charcoal set up and keep looking at the used Q's around me, but man I have seen anything like that.

That is one heck of a Free Pick Up! Way to go! Both my Webers are used MarketPlace or Criag's list finds. I keep thinking about adding a gasser to my charcoal set up and keep looking at the used Q's around me, but man I have seen anything like that.
I haven't seen anything like that either. She's not perfect, but close enough to it for me!

I have never bought a Weber new.
That score is a great one too. I am surprised it was still available when you got there.

Tim, just wait, the curb finds will start popping up north here in another month or so.

Yah, those Q3xx grills don't show themselves all that often and if they do, it is usually well over $100 in worse condition than yours.

I have never bought a Weber new.
Bruce: Here in Costa Rica finding used Weber Griils in any condition is like discovering Gold under my dog's Doghouse. Thus, over the last thirteen(13) years or so; My WSM 18" Classic, Weber Performer Deluxe, Weber Mastertouch and Weber Smoky Joe were all bought New off Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealerships and Amazon.

Last edited:
I find it really interesting how regional different Weber models are popular. I mentioned that in two years I only came across 1 deep box Genesis but there are a lot of Qs and Silvers. Others have mentioned just the opposite. I wonder why some grills are so popular in one area and not in others. Where they marketed differently or something?

I hope those new Webers will serve you well. The company should appreciate your loyalty(y):george:.
Most probably will be adding a NEW Weber Q 1200 or 3200 to my Weber Mix in the very near future and will be my first-ever "Gasser". Oh, they have all served me well; WSM bought new in 2008; Weber Smoky Joe 2015; Weber Mastertouch 2016 and the Weber Performer Deluxe in January, 2020.

Last year I gifted the Weber Mastertouch to a good friend and neighbor and sad to say a few weeks later it was stolen from his yard.

Last edited:
Richard, I am curious about the two Q models you are considering. The two you mentioned are the most unlike each other. YOu might want to consider a Q2000 or Q2200 as well. That might be a good compromise between the two you are considering.

Richard, I am curious about the two Q models you are considering. The two you mentioned are the most unlike each other. YOu might want to consider a Q2000 or Q2200 as well. That might be a good compromise between the two you are considering.
Bruce: My wife and I prefer Charcoal Grilled "eats"; but I decided on puchasing my first "gasser" on the days that I feel my 78 Plus years and not wanting to fuss with a Charcoal Grill set-up but wanting some BBQ. The Weber Q 1200 will suffice but somewhat attracted to the Weber Q 3200 which comes with a unit stand and also based upon many positive comments provided by members of this great website for both the 1200 and 3200. I also noted good things said regarding the Weber Q 2200.

Your comments above are very well taken as the Weber 2200 uses both the small propane gas canisters and also the larger propane tank.

I already use the small propane gas canisters on my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) which is fitted with a SlowNSear Plus, SlowNSear DripNGriddle Pan and the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit. My WPD will continue to be my go-to Grill and have no plans to put this excellent grill into "retirement".

At the risk of beating a dead horse, you can get a same/similar stand for the Q200.
20161023 Weber Q200 Grill Refurb (1).JPG20161011 Grill Stand After (1).JPG

Is the stand included in the total price of the Weber Q 2200 as the Weber Q 3200 does include the stand in the total price?
No the 2200 price does not include stand unless you find a combo deal. The 3200 does include the stand. With the 2xxx you do have the choice of stands. There are 2 fold up stands (older model is discontinued but available used), and the stand that looks like the 3Xxx.

Joe is correct. It is actually fairly tough to find those Q3xx style stands for the Q2xx grills. The fold up portable stands for them are much more common as they fit both the Q2xx grills and Q1xx grills.

No the 2200 price does not include stand unless you find a combo deal. The 3200 does include the stand. With the 2xxx you do have the choice of stands. There are 2 fold up stands (older model is discontinued but available used), and the stand that looks like the 3Xxx.
Thanx Joe and Bruce; and that is my reason in leaning towards the Weber Q 3200. Also, buying new here in Costa Rica there is not much difference in price between the 2200 and 3200.

I very well may go in purchasing a Stainless Steel Table with the small Weber Q 1200 in which the table also give me additional use with my other Weber Charcoal Grills.

Last edited:

Back