Weber Q Marketplace Find

Just to add to the mix, I have to say that I like EVERY Q grill! They all work well, although not identically. The 100/1000 is clearly the choice for easy moving around where space is very limited. Maybe something like taking it in a small RV and only needing to cook for 2-4 people. It has plenty of horsepower and can turn out great results.
Q100 searing steaks.jpeg
The "big" Q does offer the benefits of a second burner and literally almost as much grill space as a Genesis 300 series grill as shown here.
Q3200 grate compared to Genesis 300 grate.jpeg
I recommend these to many people who have no intention of doing anything other than grilling burgers, dogs, chops, chicken strips and steaks. It does all that VERY well.
Q3200 on deck grilling.jpeg

I also like the addition of a handle light that higher end 320/3200 models come with or that you can add on.
Q3200 grilling chicken at night.jpeg

While some people have detached the bolts that hold this grill to its stand, I don't think you would want this for taking to picnics or camping.

The middle-sized Q200/2000 is my personal favorite - particularly the Q2200. Some have complained that this grill does not have as much btu's per square inch and may be the "underpowered" stepchild of the Q collection. I have actually found that it can do whatever it needs to and that it is the most enjoyable to cook on for my taste. It may be a little more "forgiving" but it can still put a sear on a steak or burger.

Q200 refurbished and cooking on deck.JPG
Q200 grilling burgers.JPG

You can also get a cart that looks just like the one the Q3200 comes with except you just lift the Q200/2000 (or CharQ) out of it without any unbolting necessary.

Q 2200 on stand.jpg
IMG_1043.jpg
The CharQ is another story altogether...
IMG_1068.jpg
Pork Chops on the CharQ.jpeg

Good comparison Jon. I agree with it all. All the Q grills are very functional and versatile at the same time as each model has a distinct place and general purpose. And you cannot ignore their simplicity and durability.

Just to add to the mix, I have to say that I like EVERY Q grill! They all work well, although not identically. The 100/1000 is clearly the choice for easy moving around where space is very limited. Maybe something like taking it in a small RV and only needing to cook for 2-4 people. It has plenty of horsepower and can turn out great results.
View attachment 23191
The "big" Q does offer the benefits of a second burner and literally almost as much grill space as a Genesis 300 series grill as shown here.
View attachment 23192
I recommend these to many people who have no intention of doing anything other than grilling burgers, dogs, chops, chicken strips and steaks. It does all that VERY well.
View attachment 23193

I also like the addition of a handle light that higher end 320/3200 models come with or that you can add on.
View attachment 23194

While some people have detached the bolts that hold this grill to its stand, I don't think you would want this for taking to picnics or camping.

The middle-sized Q200/2000 is my personal favorite - particularly the Q2200. Some have complained that this grill does not have as much btu's per square inch and may be the "underpowered" stepchild of the Q collection. I have actually found that it can do whatever it needs to and that it is the most enjoyable to cook on for my taste. It may be a little more "forgiving" but it can still put a sear on a steak or burger.

View attachment 23195
View attachment 23196

You can also get a cart that looks just like the one the Q3200 comes with except you just lift the Q200/2000 (or CharQ) out of it without any unbolting necessary.

View attachment 23197
View attachment 23198
The CharQ is another story altogether...
View attachment 23199
View attachment 23200
Jon,
How come you don't have any Q smileys in your signature? Looks like you have a stable of them!

I don't have all those Qs now. I sold the Q3200 and gave away the Q2200 (but got back my very first Q, the red Q200 in the pictures, as part of the deal). I do have a Q100 (might refurb and sell it, too) and a tired out but useable CharQ. That one is slotted for a "keeper" restoration/repaint this summer, at least I hope! The red Q200 needs a total rebuild. The lid is at my sandblaster guy. I wanted to see what his work would do to the finish vs. wire brushing off all the texture. I do still have that 200 cart which will hold either the Q200 or my CharQ. I would love to get that stainless top side table being discussed in another thread. That would pair up with a CharQ extra well.

Back