Weber Product Rumors?

Just came back from Home Dumpo and of course cruised the grill section. Only two four burner Weber gassers and where all the smaller gas Weber's used to be is now occupied by a variety of Traegers. Found the spirts and three and two burners out in the garden department with yellow close out price tags.
Two small pallets of KBB in a aisle and some Royal Oak lump marked down to $12.97. A boat load of various pellets are where the KBB and Royal Oak used to be stored.
Not a good sign for the traditional gasser models.

If the Traegers don't sell like they plan, maybe they'll be the ones with yellow tags next year.
Gas, or charcoal, grills compared to pellet grills are like apples to oranges in my opinion.
Perhaps Weber's new pellet grill will get some floor space. :)

Like I said in an earlier post here after seeing how easy it is to smoke with a pellet grill after watching my daughters. Also it would allow me to get rid of some of my herd. Making maintenance easier. After talking to Barb about it I think she would be agreeable when I told her I could go from ten down to five grills.
Will have to wait and see what the Weber sells for if the do come out with one.

I'm wondering where they are going to price it. What market do you think they will go for? The entry $500 range? Or like the Summit will it be in the thousands?

Please don't take this personal but if all they introduce is a pellet smoker I will be relieved; I, personally, have no desire for one at present. I'm sure they are great but they just don't serve any interest of mine at this stage because I like my smokers to require a little bit of human intervention with the fire and temps. What I hope is that they don't introduce a 26" Performer. If they do that then I'll be kicked out of the house.

Last edited:
Been running a Pit Boss Austin LX for over a year without any problems,not the same smoke profile as charcoal but knew that when I bought it, it does make some good food with no baby setting. Wont ever replace any of my Weber grills. Its just another tool to provide food for the table imo. hate to see the price on a Weber pellet smoker bet north of $1200+ lol

Like I said earlier I would trim the herd down to five. Our E320 our summer oven, Performer to do that charcoal thing, Gen 2000 had it for over 20 years not going anywhere, 18.5 WSM if I'm in the mood for serious smoking and the pellet pooper so I can do set it and forget it especially in the winter. Leaving us the ability to do the same things we do today.
The pellet pooper really appeals to me for winter cooks as I can't take the cold much anymore. We do very little outside cooking because of that in the winter except for and occasional burger or steak IE. quick cooks.

I was at my local HD yesterday and Weber gas grills were plentiful and holding their old floor space, all at full price.
I did see maybe 3 or 4 pellet grills mixed in, but charcoal was where it's always stacked.
As long as my health lets me fire up a kettle, or WSM, I will, but I'm not at all adverse to going to a pellet grill if things change.

Things have changed for me and a pellet grill helps me to continue doing BBQ. I don't have a big Weber stable but I'll hang onto my 18.5 WSM and my Performer. My go to Jerky machine is a Craigslist Camp Chef pellet pooper that I modified substantially including a WIFI controller. I never thought I would use anything but charcoal but with the new controller I can oversmoke Jerky. That sucker puts out a lot of smoke at it's lowest temp setting. My Performer is still my steak and burger cooker and I have my Rotisserie for it.

If Weber joins the pellet movement I'll bet they go $1000 or up. I don't think they'll go there.

Back