Weber Pop Socket?

Yah, maybe they'll go on clearance soon then I'd consider getting one. Those are handy btw if you're one that likes to watch shows on your phone.

Larry, most people use phone cases. Therefore the pop socket attaches to the case and not the phone.
I wouldn't have one on my phone, but I can see some reasons to not have one. One of my biggest reasons is that I cannot use the Qi wireless charging docs when you have them on the phone.

Yeah that is the other reason. Example. Our new Rav4 has the built in Qi charger right at the front of the little tray under the dash. Phone getting low on a long trip? Just put it on there and voila. No wires. I do really like the wireless charging. But also those goofy things get in the way when it's in your pocket and so on. Many of the better phone cases (like OtterBox) have a stand that snaps out so here too no need for those pop things

I like the look of it, but I have never had a use for those things. Phone is big enough in my pocket I don't want to add more to it. LOL. I do like the bottle opener on the same page. I could get myself one of those even though I use cans most of the time. I could always use a spare just in case.

It looks like Weber is now trying sell more merchandise here in the US. They have been doing this in Europe for a while now.

If you have an 11 year old daughter you will realize the importance of pop sockets. For those unfortunate enough, myself included, you will also know what squishmallows are.

If you have an 11 year old daughter you will realize the importance of pop sockets. For those unfortunate enough, myself included, you will also know what squishmallows are.
I looked up the squishmallows my girls are grown but for sure when they were younger most likely would have cost me a few hundred for those as I assume you can't just have one. :)

Am I the only one here that no idea what the heck
a pop socket is?
No! I had to look at the pictures and then ask myself “Why?”
And I thought I was out of touch. I think about 50% of young women and girls use them. When my daughter came home with one, I thought it was going to be one of this flash phases, but they have been around for years now. The fact that it is mostly a female thing, I wondered why Weber went that way. They may be trying to pull in more girls to the grilling scene. ???

Last edited:
Seems every generation of 10 year old girls has something like this. Pokemon, Furbies, Beanie babies, Pogs, Slinky, Polly Pocket, Etch-a-Sketch, trolls, Pet rocks, Gak, etc....

Back