Weber Pizza Oven?

I searched the forums for some good info. as I wish to venture further into the maze of homemade pizza. I love what I see with the Oonis, but space and amount of use rule them out. I have a big cast iron Lodge pizza pan but everything I've read states CI shouldn't get to those high temps that make for decent pies. I guess I could have bought a stone and experimented like some of you have done as I'll be mainly cooking these on the Genesis II E-325. For roughly the same money as a stone, I bought this: THERMICHEF by Conductive Cooking - Round Pizza Steel Plate for Oven Cooking and Baking (3/16" Thick Standard Version, 14" Round) - Made in USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085S6RD5C/?tag=tvwb-20

I'll likely start out using TJs ready made dough...but the dough journey is a different beast for now.
I've experimented with different store bought pizza sauces. Some are better than others. Lidl's house brand is basic at best. The Peppinos canned stuff is decent. Raos makes good jarred sauces but for the price, I may as well just order a pizza as we have some great joints in our area.

I'm thinking a silicone mat is probably a good idea. I have a peel.
Time to get after it.

If you have a metal supply shop in the area, it shouldn't be too hard to find the exact size you want, but it might be a bit pricier buying from them as a non business party.

I have this steel and I think it is about perfect so far for $35. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081Z3FKQM/?tag=tvwb-20

41mYk3R0-XL._AC_.jpg

Joe, that is a fantastic price and great size for a pizza. Free amazon shipping???? That thing must weigh quit a bit.
How it is for rusting?

OK, yah, me too Jay. Still a good deal IMO.
I know Amazon sellers do charge shipping on some items, but I hope that Amazon doesn't go more and more that way. The free fast delivery is one of their biggest benefits and what we pay our $129 yearly fee for.

OK, yah, me too Jay. Still a good deal IMO.
I know Amazon sellers do charge shipping on some items, but I hope that Amazon doesn't go more and more that way. The free fast delivery is one of their biggest benefits and what we pay our $129 yearly fee for.
Likely not but we might see that $129 go to $149 at some point. To me, still worth it if it does. Getting a 100+ lb. mattress delivered vs buying it, loading it into my car and then beasting it into the house...as an example...simply worth the money and the convenience of 1-5 day delivery.

Joe, that is a fantastic price and great size for a pizza. Free amazon shipping???? That thing must weigh quit a bit.
How it is for rusting?
It does have a $14 shipping fee but it did arrive quickly. After cleaning and seasoning it was kept on the grill outside but covered on a screened porch and did not rust. Now that it is winter I keep it in the oven. Sort of have to treat it like a cast iron or carbon steel, griddle.

I like that Amazon piece. Looks like a winner to me Winner winner pizza dinner :D
Although, I did have Dave Santana make my grates on the Wolf custom so I could do pizza dough directly on the grates. But sometimes it's nice to have a heavy large plate like that

I'm new to grilling pizzas, but I saw a neat trick on youtube - keep it on your grates on a regular metal pizza screen for maybe 6 minutes, than slide it out on the grates for maybe 1-2 more. It came out great on the first try, but could definitely experiment more with the heat. I just bought this genesis used and the thermometer isn't working.

I'm new to grilling pizzas, but I saw a neat trick on youtube - keep it on your grates on a regular metal pizza screen for maybe 6 minutes, than slide it out on the grates for maybe 1-2 more. It came out great on the first try, but could definitely experiment more with the heat. I just bought this genesis used and the thermometer isn't working.
Hello Andrei- this method sounds interesting.

Can you share the YouTube link?

Thanks

I've been using a stainless shroud purchased from an Etsy seller with an Amazon sourced stone for a couple of years now. The shroud is nearly identical to the one piece, formed stainless Kettle Pizza model shown with the exception of the laser etched name and useless thermometer. I didn't think to gauge the metal, but it is a thick, heavy stainless. All in, I'm at about $150 which is less than half the price of the Kettle Pizza branded product. I'm rolling out 14"-16" pies with it and couldn't be happier.
kettlepizza-gas-pro-deluxe-set.jpg

I've been using a stainless shroud purchased from an Etsy seller with an Amazon sourced stone for a couple of years now. The shroud is nearly identical to the one piece, formed stainless Kettle Pizza model shown with the exception of the laser etched name and useless thermometer. I didn't think to gauge the metal, but it is a thick, heavy stainless. All in, I'm at about $150 which is less than half the price of the Kettle Pizza branded product. I'm rolling out 14"-16" pies with it and couldn't be happier.
View attachment 65907
Very nice.

I wonder if anyone is making a round version that could be used on a rectangular gas grill or circular charcoal grill.

Hmmm… I might need to reach out to a metal fabricator…

Hello Andrei- this method sounds interesting.

Can you share the YouTube link?

Thanks
Hi, my mind was playing tricks on me - I could've sworn I watched it on video. It is a combination of this video below and a comment under it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230201-082159_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230201-082159_YouTube.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 3

Back