Weber Grill Out Light #9057 on it's way

They need a light like that for the WSM. I do much more cooking on it in the dark than I ever have on a grill.
However, I did finally get around to adding the #9507 to my blue lid. I couldn't resist seeing how it would look on the
Silver C that I recently restored. I have yet to post that grill yet. (With a red of black lid- the blue will NOT be sold)
Doesn't seem that I will ever find a 3000 so I may just end up keeping this Silver C after all.

Dave,
Too bad we are so far apart. I have an unrestored 3000 that I plan just to flip. I am sure the freight would make it impractical.

Well, I had enough Amazon points to get the pair of bulbs I referred to previously. I don’t know if they work as well as what Bruce got, but WOW what a difference from the regular bulbs that came with my 9057:

2zejnt0.jpg

1zwn91f.jpg

This is a big upgrade for my Skyline! You can even see the difference when it is only twilight.

That thing looks solid Jon! I can't wait to get mines going.

I have been using my Skyline a lot more than I had originally planned. First of all, I never got my Platinum completed before tax season came down like a hammer. I had planned on it being my "daily driver." Also, that old-style cast iron on my Skyline is my favorite, but it does need regular use to keep from catching the rust germ. So, contrary to what I had planned, the Skyline has been getting the call quite a bit. The upgraded handle light will only help that much more.

Here's a quick lunch burger:

37k13lX.jpg

I love the old-style (uncoated or maybe "impregnated" but NOT porcelain plated) cast iron, especially with 13 bars of rcplanebuyer flavorizers underneath:coolkettle:. The sear marks are not quite what GrillGrates:rolleyes: deliver, but I am very happy with them:eek:!

Last edited:
I am sure Weber designed them with weather exposure in mind. If you leave your grill outside and uncovered, it might lead to an early demise. But, if you keep the grill covered, I would think it would last a good long time. Jon has had one on his skyline for at least a year now....but I know he babies that thing, so it probably hasn't even seen a rain drop.

With the LED bulbs they are as good as other modern lights. Better yet, they look "right" on the older Genesis grills. Congrats on that catch; they only come up so often on eBay.

I do think they are reasonably weather resistant, but being black plastic would probably fair poorly in high UV sunlight over time. I actually have not been babying my Skyline because it has been seeing pretty regular action. I do, however, keep it covered with a Weber cover that hopefully will keep the UV rays at bay for a while.

Swapped mine too today. What a difference. And me being the over complicated engineer I would have probably resoldered the cables if it would not have been for Bruce‘s simple trick to put the batteries back in the other way. Thanks Bruce.

Oh and one more thing. I had my light on the grill for a few weeks now. No problem with all the rain we had.
BUT.... the 4 little srews that hold the lenses and the 2 screws that tighten the ring on each side had surface rust. So I used a small art paint brush and covered them with some rust encapsulater

Oh and one more thing. I had my light on the grill for a few weeks now. No problem with all the rain we had.
BUT.... the 4 little srews that hold the lenses and the 2 screws that tighten the ring on each side had surface rust. So I used a small art paint brush and covered them with some rust encapsulater

Thanks for the good tip Stefan!

Good to know about the handle in the rain Stefan and thanks for the info on the screws. Now to find some stainless replacements screws...

Good to know about the handle in the rain Stefan and thanks for the info on the screws. Now to find some stainless replacements screws...

Try Marsh Fasteners. Don't know if they have something that small, but I have a lot of respect for their products. They have 304 AND some 316 stainless hardware.

Thanks Jon! Yah, I'm going to check out my local Ace store first and see if they have the screws...if they don't then I'll check out Marsh, I'm afraid the shipping will cost more than the actual screws themselves if I go that route though.

Yes, that is probably true. I only recently found out that Marsh has a physical location not even 20 miles from me. Before I get any more parts, I plan to try going there in person.

I have had some uneven success with Ace's supply of Hillman stainless. Some works fine, but we used a lot on street signage in our campground community. A lot of rust failures that had me seek out alternatives. That is how I found Marsh. I use their 316 stainless wherever I can on our street signs now and also quite a bit on my grill restores.

w81auv.jpg

Managed to find one of these on eBay tonight, just has I was finishing staining a new handle for my Skyline. Now, I have to order LED lights and C batteries!

Thanks for the insight on how to modify for LED usage!

Back