Weber Genesis Platinum, I bought in Wausau,Wisconsin. Will be drastically modified.

Late to this party. I will be watching to see where you take this one, Mark. 👍 The 2004-5 Platinum’s stainless frame certainly makes a great foundation to start from. Have fun with it, and keep us posted.

I guess I am an “outlier” in that I personally kind of like the monochromatic light gray and stainless look of the stock Platinum. The light gray gave it a special identity. What isn’t so good is the unavailability of high heat paint that matches, making restoration to stock a challenge.

I question the need for 30# tanks..... I mean... com on man --- TWO 20# is moar than enuff and then you could use hangers/scales - get one out of a 'cabinet' model for the left and a standard one for the right so you could read them both..... 30#s 'may' be cool but I see not knowing how much is in them as a downside. But thats the practical side in me.

Its not like you would ever think of hooking BOTH tanks up at the same time..... there would be no reason to.
Not knowing Mark's intentions on how he is going to use the grill, I agree that two 30# tanks would be overkill and extra work. I could see having a 30# tank on board with no scale, and a 20# on the oem scale. Switch tanks when the 30# tank is empty. You would obviously refill the 30# tank before you ran out of the 20#. (And you would know how long you could wait to fill)
If the grill is not moving from home where the spare full 20# tank is, I wouldn't be mounting an extra tank.

Gerry

I had one of those Platinums as my “daily driver” until I sold it when I moved from Florida. I was partway through doing some custom mods while keeping the basic look. I wanted to find someone to make stainless (or aluminum) side and rear cabinet panels but never got that far. It was an “open cart” grill with a front disguise!🤣

IMG_3857.jpeg
IMG_2076.jpeg

Someone recently posted a ceramic coat color that looked like a really good match to the gray used on the newer grills.
Josh said this is a very good match....It is kinda expensive, but Mark is doing this "No expense spared"

Charcoal Metallic (Matte Metallic)

Josh said this is a very good match....It is kinda expensive, but Mark is doing this "No expense spared"

Charcoal Metallic (Matte Metallic)
Yep @Gregory Pinch just used it on his Genesis 240 rehab. Perfect match. I'm hoping he will post more pictures.

I was going to try and acquire the cabinet panels and doors off of Mark SS, but they’re already spoken for. I think blue cabinet sides with a blue lid would look absolutely killer!

Back