Weber Genesis Platinum, I bought in Wausau,Wisconsin. Will be drastically modified.

That black part just above the knobs and scale is totally not necessary. It is just there to prevent someone from putting the LP tank inside the cabinet. But, if it is in good shape, there is no harm in cleaning it up and putting it back in.

Those slide rails are a good indication of how nice that grill was overall.

Bruce, will my fat frame 5 flavorizer bar cookbox fit with no modifications ?
I don’t believe it will fit in the Platinum you have. I believe the fat frame fireboxes are the same size as the Genesis x000 ones and therefor bigger than the firebox on Silvers or that newer Platinum.

Bruce did welding mods to make an x000 firebox fit in his later SS Platinum frame.

Yah, I thought the same thing about the cook box as Jon, but I just didn't know for sure. If you are good with a 5 flavo bar cook box, then I would just go with the one it came with or another Silver B cook box. If you want to drop in a 13 bar box, I can certainly help you with that and I have an idea on how to do it even better than I did as long as you want to use some of your welding and fabbing skills.

I like the idea of putting my fat frame 5 flavorizer bar cookbox in the Platinum 🤔
I like that the bars are unique to the cookbox, RCPlanebuyer still makes them, I think.

So the fat frame box is deeper, but still only uses 5 bars that are slightly different, but takes the same grates and lids as the rest of the 1, 1000 and silver B? That’s crazy. And I like the idea 100%

Back