Weber Genesis Platinum, I bought in Wausau,Wisconsin. Will be drastically modified.

You should make a couple bare frames while you're at it :D

I have thought about adding in the long crossbars front and rear, and then just welding slats across N/S but I like the idea of being able to remove the lower grate/slats for cleaning purposes.

Another thought I have, if you have a rotisserie, making some sort of hanger/rack that can hold it underneath, similar to the Summits.

Sounds like Rack and Pinion steering will be a must.
Absolutely! And for all four wheels!

Seriously though, I don't know what the plans are for this grill, and I'm sure Mark is probably still planning.
When I built my grills, I copied the original frame size. If I had to do it over, I would probably have made the frame a bit taller. The reason for that is I could then fit some kind of toolbox with drawers under the drip pan to store utensils. Having the cooking grates a few inches higher wouldn't be a bad thing either. It also might provide a little more room for the 30# gas tanks?

Gerry
Edit: Here is how I store the bbq tools now:
IMG_2897.jpeg

Last edited:
I question the need for 30# tanks..... I mean... com on man --- TWO 20# is moar than enuff and then you could use hangers/scales - get one out of a 'cabinet' model for the left and a standard one for the right so you could read them both..... 30#s 'may' be cool but I see not knowing how much is in them as a downside. But thats the practical side in me.

Its not like you would ever think of hooking BOTH tanks up at the same time..... there would be no reason to.

I may have to rethink the two 30 pounders🤔
I'm as changeable as the weather, so I will probably rethink more than one item on this build
I am sure glad i went with the 3.92 rear end though 😉
I may go with 5 inch wheels, that would sure raise things up a tad.
1000008235.jpg

Back