Weber Genesis 1200 Skyline grill

Looks nice. I would give the endcaps a shot of Rustoleum High heat flat black. I don't even mask it - Just take a piece of newspaper and tuck it under and move it as you spray. Takes 5 minutes.
I thought about it but figured the paint wouldn't stick.

I'm organizing my parts to get my skyline restoration back on track and came across something that I haven't seen before. This is the slide lock assembly for the flip down table that came off of the 97 NG platinum series I recently picked up. The support rod is made in such a way that you can't remove it from the slider bracket. I've never seen that before, I have always been able to take it off of all the other grills I have come across, it makes it a lot easier to repaint the support rod. Has anyone else seen one like this?20221111_173214.jpg20221111_173225.jpg

It has been a while but I think it does come apart. I think you may have to remove the flat bar, then rotate the holder as it may be keyed.

It has been a while but I think it does come apart. I think you may have to remove the flat bar, then rotate the holder as it may be keyed.
The hole in the slider is perfectly round, I just looked at it again. Like I said, this is the only one I've ever seen like this. Weird.

There is something here I'm not seeing, Steve. I modeled this some time ago, along with the plastic slider, because I was going to make one but I found a complete assembly online. This is what I have for the rod...I think the dimple you are showing goes in the table hinge side. I think that dimple captures that end within the hinge bracket so the rod doesn't slide back and forth. The slider belongs on the short bend and there is a swaged area at the end of the rod to prevent the rod from falling out of the plastic slider. You don't seem to be showing the short bend area of the rod. Your picture shows the long bend in the slider...it should be the short bend. Am I missing something?

EDIT: After re-reading this, I think the question is, how do you remove the plastic slider from the rod? A little judicious filing on the dimple should allow the slider to pass over it.

Table Prop Rod.PNG

Attachments

• LH Table Slider Bar.PNG
    LH Table Slider Bar.PNG
    91.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Swing Table End Cap.PNG
    Swing Table End Cap.PNG
    123.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Table Slide Bracket.PNG
    Table Slide Bracket.PNG
    152.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
My other pictures didn't make that clear, sorry. Here is another picture of the short side of the rod, the side that should slide out of the plastic slider. You can see that there is nub, I'm not sure what the technical term is, pressed into the rod so that it can't be removed.20221111_205202.jpg

pics aren't very good. First one is a 98 platinum 2000 and there is no nub.

20221111_183740.jpg

This one was just loose in my pile-of-stuff so I don't know the year. It is also nub free.

20221111_183730.jpg

Have a look at the mating part and see if there was an area for that nub to fit into, such as on the marked area of Dan's bracket. I have seen several revisions of how these swing tables evolved over the years...in Dan's picture, that circled area is a stop, intended to keep the rod from fitting too far into it...maybe the bracket is reversed on yours with the same intention, to limit the amount of travel from side to side.

1668222464054.png

I'm not sure but I think that is to keep the rod in the swing table bracket
There's a super good chance that's what it's for, it's in the right place for it. I just don't understand why I've never come across one like that before.

My other pictures didn't make that clear, sorry. Here is another picture of the short side of the rod, the side that should slide out of the plastic slider. You can see that there is nub, I'm not sure what the technical term is, pressed into the rod so that it can't be removed.View attachment 62499
Can you take a pic of the whole rod? That looks much too long to be the short side. Does it look like the pic that Dan posted?

Have a look at the mating part and see if there was an area for that nub to fit into, such as on the marked area of Dan's bracket. I have seen several revisions of how these swing tables evolved over the years...in Dan's picture, that circled area is a stop, intended to keep the rod from fitting too far into it...maybe the bracket is reversed on yours with the same intention, to limit the amount of travel from side to side.

View attachment 62505
The nub does end up in a spot that leads me to believe it is a stop of some sort.20221111_211644.jpg

Back