Weber CRAFTED Outdoor Kitchen Collection: New Accessories System for 2022

Hmm seems like a while back there was talk Weber was going to put out a line up of items with another manufacturer of quality cook ware, I wonder if this is it or if that fell through and this is the 2nd option.

Hmmm, my carbon steel wok costs $36, my real cast iron sear grate was like $32, my pizza steel was $62 which it also cooks as a flattop.

Maybe I’m missing something here. I’m thinking I’m not the target market or buyer.

The new Genesis I saw at Lowe's (early arrival) was just a base model, so it didn't have this feature. I think this looks to be potentially a big improvement. I have one of those round GBS crosshatch grates (non-Weber brand). Maybe two strip steaks or 3 or 4 burgers at best will fit. Same thing could be said of the small, round griddle. These larger items would certainly be a lot more useable.

Will have to see how this works out. Hopefully, it will go over better than the GBS which definitely had shortcomings - especially as Dustin says on a gas grill.

The new Genesis I saw at Lowe's (early arrival) was just a base model, so it didn't have this feature. I think this looks to be potentially a big improvement. I have one of those round GBS crosshatch grates (non-Weber brand). Maybe two strip steaks or 3 or 4 burgers at best will fit. Same thing could be said of the small, round griddle. These larger items would certainly be a lot more useable.

Will have to see how this works out. Hopefully, it will go over better than the GBS which definitely had shortcomings - especially as Dustin says on a gas grill.
I went w GBS on my sidewinder refurb, my local Ace had the grates marked down to $18 so I had to LOL

Hmmm, my carbon steel wok costs $36, my real cast iron sear grate was like $32, my pizza steel was $62 which it also cooks as a flattop.

Maybe I’m missing something here. I’m thinking I’m not the target market or buyer.

I'm not the target demo either.

Seems like there's a lot of options to replace one of the regular grates with a griddle or GrillGrates. Which gives you searing, flat top and pizza/baking steel capabilites. A half set of GGs for a 3 burner Genesis is $75. Weber frame and flat top costs $150.

Seems like there's a lot of options to replace one of the regular grates with a griddle or GrillGrates. Which gives you searing, flat top and pizza/baking steel capabilites. A half set of GGs for a 3 burner Genesis is $75. Weber frame and flat top costs $150.
I have the GBS and some inserts in the SmokeFire, I found them to be ok. I ended up buying cast iron grates for 2 of the 3 grates and this was a huge winner.

I went w GBS on my sidewinder refurb, my local Ace had the grates marked down to $18 so I had to LOL
I am all for that. The GBS is a little gimmicky, but, hey, part of the fun with grilling and bbq is using gadgets! I bought several of those at Lowes that fit the classic Genesis. Most will go for flips, but I am keeping one either for a Genesis or for my dream to buy a SmokeFire EX4 that uses the same size grate. (One of Weber's better ideas.) I have a few of the GBS add-ins. I think they would be especially useful on a pellet grill.

the majority will likely enjoy and buy these options as they will pay for integrated features. i see myself more as a DIY person/cooking enthusiast. maybe 20 years ago i would have bought the accessories at retail. these days i just do my own thing and come up with stellar results. it's that old saying, the golf clubs won't make you a better golfer; just experience and skills will.

Says the guy cooking on an E6, 😀.
I know a great set of clubs made me a better golfer. I’m a firm believer in paying for quality. I can’t buy anything I don’t perceive fair value from, but I can’t buy junk.
hahahah. agreed, that quality tools are key to getting the job done right. i did bump up to the E6 by selling my WSM 18 and my old Summit 620 (and a few other household items to get my purchase down to zero new dollars spent).

conversely, one can give an E6 to an inexperienced backyard bbq'er and get garbage results. so the E6 as a tool has elevated my game, bigly, but my core skills enabled me to reach my current level (whatever the heck level that is). and i'd say the E6 has even advanced my skills level. my ribs these days are 1,000x better than when i was WSM 18'ing them. the 24" real estate, diffuser plate and dual wall insulated construction are game changers.

i was trying to buy the original Summit Charcoal used off Craigslist but the only one i ever saw and was about to buy, the seller bailed last minute and decided to keep it. so i just said funk it, and paid the price as my Father's Day gift to myself. i seem to always buy myself the best gifts; jajajajajajajajajajaaj. and the family likes it too, a lot!

hahahah. agreed, that quality tools are key to getting the job done right. i did bump up to the E6 by selling my WSM 18 and my old Summit 620 (and a few other household items to get my purchase down to zero new dollars spent).

conversely, one can give an E6 to an inexperienced backyard bbq'er and get garbage results. so the E6 as a tool has elevated my game, bigly, but my core skills enabled me to reach my current level (whatever the heck level that is). and i'd say the E6 has even advanced my skills level. my ribs these days are 1,000x better than when i was WSM 18'ing them. the 24" real estate, diffuser plate and dual wall insulated construction are game changers.

i was trying to buy the original Summit Charcoal used off Craigslist but the only one i ever saw and was about to buy, the seller bailed last minute and decided to keep it. so i just said funk it, and paid the price as my Father's Day gift to myself. i seem to always buy myself the best gifts; jajajajajajajajajajaaj. and the family likes it too, a lot!
If or when the SmokeFire dies I will own one, well maybe an S6.

I know a great set of clubs made me a better golfer. I’m a firm believer in paying for quality. I can’t buy anything I don’t perceive fair value from, but I can’t buy junk.
and for reference, my golf clubs are from when i played varsity in HS (at least 35+ years old now). they hit just fine. don't see a need to buy new ones, yet.

That's interesting. I have never used or owned a WSM. I am hoping to make a low-budget, diffuser-based setup-on one of my 22" kettles. Yes, I know it won't be a Summit. I am more interested in your comments about dropping the WSM and liking the Summit Charoal so much better. @Lynn Dollar seems pretty convinced that an WSM is a superior route, and he has posted some interesting support for his viewpoint.

I am more interested in your comments about dropping the WSM and liking the Summit Charoal so much better. @Lynn Dollar seems pretty convinced that an WSM is a superior route, and he has posted some interesting support for his viewpoint.
let's get a thread going on this. not for argumentation but to share the finer points of each.

for me, the ability to smoke, sear or grill, at a traditional grill height, and the 24" real estate afforded by the WSC were key to my decision, VERY key. the bonus turned out to be the fuel efficiency, the searing heat abilities, the cast iron sear grate and ridiculously stable temperature levels all of which became game changers, IMO.

I have the GBS sear grate which is fine. It works well with a vortex on a kettle. I have the griddle and it was just laughably too small to be useful. I can't imagine the WOK was better. I also have the beer can chicken/ veggie basket. That one was pretty decent. But it's all pretty gimmicky. That's ok in my book. I posted on the other thread to this effect, but got a Blackstone for Christmas and it has pretty much replaced my Genesis 1000 for short everyday cooks. I tried using a griddle plate on it, but the Genesis couldn't really keep it hot unless I kept the lid down and that kind of kills the fun of griddling. I'm betting the setup with the sear burner will do a better job.

The key word is "better". With golf clubs, I found that more expensive was not always "better".

Back