Weber CRAFTED Outdoor Kitchen Collection: New Accessories System for 2022

Yeah, us older grillers and smokers are not the ones Weber are targeting with the new 'Crafted' accessories. Probably the younger folks that are interested in a new smart gas grill. If I were in the market, I would be excited about this, but I'm not. I do use the GBS on my Performer, especially the sear grate and griddle. I've got all the pieces except the wok and dutch oven.

Yah, I bought a set of the GBS grates for the Silver B's and 1000's last year on clearance for like $25. I put them on a rehab grill. I thought about using them for my personal grill, but decided I like the simple approach better.

As for me, I like accessories that have a dual purpose, that I can use indoors as well as out, because then I don't have to find a place to store them. If you ask me, I think Weber is headed in the wrong direction with this. People that know how to use accessories have come up with their own solutions over the years, and for those new to the outdoor grilling game this has got to be a bit bewildering and intimidating. I would have gone in the direction of something tied into the ever-present cell phone for those new to the outdoor grilling game, temperature control being high on the list. It's easier to follow directions that say, preheat to 325F than it is to say Hi-Lo-Med or however you describe where to position the heat controls for the newbie. Us old farts just do it from the seat of our pants, but if you haven't worn the pants for very long...

Last edited:

Weber CRAFTED Outdoor Kitchen:​

Fits

Genesis 2016+ and Spirit 2016+ gas grills, and SmokeFire wood fired pellet grills

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).jpg

The Weber wok for me is brutally hard to clean everything stuck, I do not like it. This looks promising.
A wok becomes nonstick when a fine carbon layer builds up over time, thus a carbon steel wok is ideal as it can take very high heat which over time builds up that layer from continued use and seasoning. A SS wok won’t do such so it’ll never build up that layer. Yes, SS is easier to clean but it’s not the same as a carbon steel wok. And you need very high heat temps to achieve that “wok hey” to impart that true Asian flavor a wok produces.

A wok becomes nonstick when a fine carbon layer builds up over time, thus a carbon steel wok is ideal as it can take very high heat which over time builds up that layer from continued use and seasoning. A SS wok won’t do such so it’ll never build up that layer. Yes, SS is easier to clean but it’s not the same as a carbon steel wok. And you need very high heat temps to achieve that “wok hey” to impart that true Asian flavor a wok produces.
True. I see it every day. However my skill level is at the microwave tier. So the lady of the house does her breezy magic, and it is one less dish I have to wash. Yeah you guessed it. No way am I touching her wok. I do all the dishes. But if I were to somehow mis-clean that wok, I would be carbon

I love my carbon steel wok, the Weber cast iron supposedly porcelain enameled was just a disaster for me. Weber sent me a new one but I just don’t want to even use it.

I love my carbon steel wok, the Weber cast iron supposedly porcelain enameled was just a disaster for me. Weber sent me a new one but I just don’t want to even use it.
Craigslist special coming up. Ditch it.

Just stick with your carbon steel. I halved a chicken the other night, seasoned it and placed both halves skin side down in the lightly oiled wok and seared the skin and then the bone side. Then placed it in a roasting rack and convection roasted it in the oven. Fully cooked in 40 mins to 158°. Crispy skin and great flavor. The CS wok is an amazing tool!

I am all for that. The GBS is a little gimmicky, but, hey, part of the fun with grilling and bbq is using gadgets! I bought several of those at Lowes that fit the classic Genesis. Most will go for flips, but I am keeping one either for a Genesis or for my dream to buy a SmokeFire EX4 that uses the same size grate. (One of Weber's better ideas.) I have a few of the GBS add-ins. I think they would be especially useful on a pellet grill.
this is my idea too, use the Genesis grates in EX4

Back