Weber CRAFTED Outdoor Kitchen Collection: New Accessories System for 2022

@Oleg Karpu Thanks for the additional photos of CRAFTED accessories. Weber had these accessories staged on their US website, but only a single photo per product, then took them down. Probably coming back up on 1/18.

I really like that sear grate - a big improvement over the small round one that I have. This new design seems to also put the accessories closer to the burners. That would potentially help with using the sear grate, I think.

Thanks for posting these, Oleg!

I saw today at my local Ace that you can buy the holder that sits low in your grill as an accessory. What caught my eye is that the box said it would fit Genesis grills after 2016. So these can be retrofitted onto a Genesis II. Pop in one of Joe’s infrared sear burners and you might really have something! I also saw that my Ace had a new “Tech” Genesis with built in digital readout and WiFi. It was still in the box. I will be curious what that does to the price of the Ace special edition “indigo” Genesis II that has been on display for a long time.

I noticed on Weber.com that they say CRAFTED is "coming soon" for 2016+ Genesis II, 2017+ Spirit/Spirit II, and 2020+ SmokeFire. That phrase "coming soon" confuses me, it makes me think a different frame is required for these grills, but Jon says the box says it fits 2016+ Genesis II. Color me confused.

I also noticed this additional CRAFTED accessory on Weber.com, a rotisserie crisping basket for $79.99. Gimmick or useful?

WEBER-CRAFTED-Rotisserie-Crisping-Basket-7676.jpg
CrispingBasket_661x415.jpg

Bring your kitchen outside, and create food never thought possible in your grill, with the WEBER CRAFTED Outdoor Kitchen Collection. Simply attach the WEBER CRAFTED Rotisserie Crisping Basket onto the rotisserie spit in your grill to make deliciously crispy French fries, veggies, or even popcorn. Grill rotisserie unit required for use.

• Circulates heat evenly for quick, crispy results
• Quickly connects to your rotisserie spit
• Crisp a variety of food at once with the removable divider (included)
• Made of durable stainless steel, dishwasher safe
• Grill rotisserie unit required for use

I like the idea of the roto basket. I think for some things it could be a great accessory. My only reservation is that is going to be a PIA to keep clean. It does seem like it would fit in a dishwasher pretty well though. Depending on what you cook in it. It might stay fairly clean that way.

Just a thought, but why wouldn't that work on any grill such as the Genesis 1000 and Silver B's? It looks like it simply slides onto a bare spit.

True. I see it every day. However my skill level is at the microwave tier. So the lady of the house does her breezy magic, and it is one less dish I have to wash. Yeah you guessed it. No way am I touching her wok. I do all the dishes. But if I were to somehow mis-clean that wok, I would be carbon
We have a few cast iron pans which my wife uses quite a bit one of them is 80 years old given to her from her long gone grandmother. If I was to even try to clean that and they don't need much cleaning she would kill me. Love blackened scallops off that pan.

I like the idea of the roto basket. I think for some things it could be a great accessory. My only reservation is that is going to be a PIA to keep clean. It does seem like it would fit in a dishwasher pretty well though. Depending on what you cook in it. It might stay fairly clean that way.

Just a thought, but why wouldn't that work on any grill such as the Genesis 1000 and Silver B's? It looks like it simply slides onto a bare spit.
nah, dishwasher. no work by you required.

i bought a new hood this past summer and specifically it's SS baffles. every 2-3 weeks i pop them off and run a dishwasher load and they come out like new. i'd do the exact same for this basket and not think twice about the DW solution.

I noticed on Weber.com that they say CRAFTED is "coming soon" for 2016+ Genesis II, 2017+ Spirit/Spirit II, and 2020+ SmokeFire. That phrase "coming soon" confuses me, it makes me think a different frame is required for these grills, but Jon says the box says it fits 2016+ Genesis II. Color me confused.

I also noticed this additional CRAFTED accessory on Weber.com, a rotisserie crisping basket for $79.99. Gimmick or useful?
I will try to stop by my Ace soon and get pictures. I will see if they will let me open the box. If I am really lucky, maybe they will let me set it in one of the Genesis II grills they have on the floor to see how it fits.

I will try to stop by my Ace soon and get pictures. I will see if they will let me open the box. If I am really lucky, maybe they will let me set it in one of the Genesis II grills they have on the floor to see how it fits.
If your Ace has both old and new Genesis, I'd love to know if the new warming rack fits the old grills. Around here, Lowe's has all new and Ace has all old stock.

My Napolean Roto Basket fitted on a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit does a great job in cooking up Chicken Wings on my Weber Performer Deluxe.

Attachments

• k14EYoEYRJSRfBzJDSwFnw.jpg
    k14EYoEYRJSRfBzJDSwFnw.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 14
If your Ace has both old and new Genesis, I'd love to know if the new warming rack fits the old grills. Around here, Lowe's has all new and Ace has all old stock.

I would like to know that too, is the best thing about the new genesis II , besides the taller rotisserie bracket. all the weber crafted seems a little bit gimmicky to me, what advantage this system takes over just put a griddle/pizza stone over the grill grates?

I would like to know that too, is the best thing about the new genesis II , besides the taller rotisserie bracket. all the weber crafted seems a little bit gimmicky to me, what advantage this system takes over just put a griddle/pizza stone over the grill grates?
Yes you could buy the new rack and put it in a Genesis II grill. They have different hinges, but both hang in the back which is the sane size. I think it is just plated steel🙄, so I don’t think it will last under a lot of use.

Back